High Mileage SM 610's...?

Hey all,

I'm in the research phase of potentially switching things up and throwing a leg over a supermoto later this spring/summer.  Originally thinking DRZSM but after a little more thought I'm also looking at they Huskys. There are a few 2007 SM 610's for sale in my area but both are around 15k miles.  Is this considered high miles for these? Is there any major work that needs done at that mileage interval? I hear cam chain replacement is fairly common? How many miles can one expect to get out of one of these?  I feel comfortable doing any work that may need done, I'm just curious if they would be worth pursuing or try and find a lower mile bike?

Thanks for any help!

I'm pretty sure those engines have much longer service intervals than a 350/500cc dirtbike. But I'd be worried about getting nickel and dimed on a 10 year old +15k mile model.. Chain, sprockets, chain guide, brakes, tires, fork seals, ECT. Look for wear and tear and well tracked maintenance records. If you see the first and not the second, RUN.

From what I've read the 610's aren't near as temperamental as the 450's or 510's. The price isn't horrible with one being $4k obo. As stated above I can do the work and replacing wear items isn't such a deal breaker but I'd rather not get into it when it's going to need a rebuild after a few more thousand miles.  There's another with just under 2k miles ... but higher priced. A sxv 550 also for $4k but as much fun add they'd be to ride I don't have the time to change out engine internals after a season of riding it ?

• Like 1

So where does everyone get parts for these bikes at?  The DRZ definitely gets the nod for parts availability and aftermarket parts.  I'm seeing Halls Cycle out of IL is a big one but looking on their site they don't seem to have a ton for the SM unless you physically need to call them and tell them what you are looking for?

Husky parts must not be popular enough for the major online parts stores to stock them.  The make and model comes up but the only parts the seem to stock are "universal" parts...