Help with engine 06 yz250f

Hi I'm new here and im really in need of some advice. I have a 2006 yz250f and while riding this past weekend it randomly stalled and the kick starter is extremely hard to turn with the spark plug in if i take it out its easier to turn over but still not right. I have taken the top end off already and a valve is not bent nothing is making contact with the piston. Also it was in time when i pulled the valve cover. Valves are in spec as well. The rod has a little side to side play but no up and down. Also the crank spins freely with the top end off. The only thing i have noticed is the cam chain is stiff as in i have to forcefully bend each link to make it move is it possible that the stiff chain is the issue. I'm sorry for the long post but i dont really know what to do at this point. Any help would be much appreciated thanks

I would try to take the cam chain off, by removing the head, cams, spring tensioner, strator cover, flywheel. Then you should be able to remove the chain. Cam chains are not that expensive, if you need a new one.

With the cam chain removed, and the bike in neutral, you should be able to turn the engine and see if there is any binding.

I have the head, cams, and piston jug removed already and i can keep some tension on the chain with my hand and the bottom end feels fine. Is it possible that the binding of the chain is just locking the engine like that. Thanks