What is the best seat or seat cover?

Looking for what you guys like and why. Gripper? Ribbed? Smooth? Company? Quality? Durability?

I would probably get all black so aesthetics isn't as important as function and durability, thanks.

IMG_1868.PNG

Factory effex B4 -- with knee braces i shred stock covers in 8-10 hours, had one on my 06 and now my 16 and 0 problems.. plus it looks wayyy clean! Hope this helps

I just ordered a seat concepts cover. its got a little bit of everything. ribs down the center, your usual grippy material and this weird rubber along the sides. it should get here Monday so Ill report back when I get it on. hopefully its worth the $90.

• Like 1

It's a harder gripper material so holds up better n doesn't monkey butt it up much.. had that problem with n-style, ripped all the hair off my ass n legs haha.. the softer grip material made it tear easier too (without ballistic)

• Like 1

ive got a motoseat gripper seat cover and it looks mint but unless you ripping down a straight its more annoying than helpful i just end up slipping around in my pants instead, but i ride like 95% trail/enduro and maybe 5% motocross track.  but it is pretty good quality and fits really well if you do a decent job putting it on.  

• Like 1

Most ribs don't seem to be made of the gripper material. Does that allow you to slide side to side better than a full gripper? I prefer the grip to help me front to back but not side to side. Anybody have any experience with this? I ride mostly woods and Offroad but I would think it would be the same for track too?

23 minutes ago, Kinger317 said:

Most ribs don't seem to be made of the gripper material. Does that allow you to slide side to side better than a full gripper? I prefer the grip to help me front to back but not side to side. Anybody have any experience with this? I ride mostly woods and Offroad but I would think it would be the same for track too?

ive got a ribbed motoseat gripper and its all made of the same material just different colours. no side to side sliding.

• Like 1

I've been looking at Nithrone Seats.  The guy is in South Africa, but those are the best looking seat covers I've seen yet.  Seems like a heck of a nice guy too!

Seat concepts by far. I don't have one my Yammie, but a friend does and I am very jealous. I had one on my last 300. It's so comfortable, you may never stand again, especially if you don't get the low one that takes a bit to break in... and It's grippy.  For a Yamaha you have to buy the foam and the cover, but if you send your belly pan to them they will install it all for $25 I believe.

• Like 1

I bought a Guts tall foam and ribbed cover and love it. It's the perfect grip. It's just enough to keep you from slipping but not too much where it rips your pants off. The only thing that I was skeptical of was that Guts uses a Velcro system rather than staples to fasten the cover on. I'm surprised how well it works though. 

• Like 1

I had a Guts seat cover on my last bike.  Just sold it last weekend and it cleaned up well to look brand new.   Well made and not overly grippy.

Current bike has a worn out stock cover so I'll be looking to upgrade again.  Wouldn't hesitate to go with Guts a second time around.

Edit: Just saw the post above.  Mine was stapled...didnt know they offered Velcro.  

20170430_112452.jpg

Edited by Baldwin
  • Like 2

Really helpful information, thank you all. I take it the thinner gripper material rolls or slides so it feels grippier than a seat with thicker gripper material? The seat I'm replacing is an SDG USA and I think it started life as a gripper six or seven years ago and there's not much grip left to it but not a single rip. I checked their website and they have pleated seats and covers. Is pleated less grippy than ribs? Anyone tried pleats in their seats! Best I can explain, I'm looking for something with medium grip and good durability. I like the Guts, factory effects, and will check out seat concepts. Thanks for all the recommendations.

On 4/26/2017 at 8:56 PM, dirtscoot26 said:

IMG_1868.PNG

Factory effex B4 -- with knee braces i shred stock covers in 8-10 hours, had one on my 06 and now my 16 and 0 problems.. plus it looks wayyy clean! Hope this helps

Side question - I also wear knee braces (Don Joy) and shred the knees in my pants. They tend to wear from the lowest D-ring, just below the leather and at the intersection of brace and boot. Have you found pants that wear better? I have a tiny hole started in a pair of Thor Prime Tach pants, in just 3 rides. Lame.

• Like 1

Side question - I also wear knee braces (Don Joy) and shred the knees in my pants. They tend to wear from the lowest D-ring, just below the leather and at the intersection of brace and boot. Have you found pants that wear better? I have a tiny hole started in a pair of Thor Prime Tach pants, in just 3 rides. Lame.

Ya know the only gear I've had that doesn't wear through the knees is the TLD SE gear - they have very thick leather, you'll be very happy with them if you give them a try, their gear is bulletproof imo

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 2:16 AM, 91kdx25088 said:

I just ordered a seat concepts cover. its got a little bit of everything. ribs down the center, your usual grippy material and this weird rubber along the sides. it should get here Monday so Ill report back when I get it on. hopefully its worth the $90.

first ride on the new seat cover yesterday and I have never sat on such a grippy cover. I have really short legs and mounting the bike is harder now because my leg doesn't slide over the seat anymore. My pants kept sliding down but I don't move/slide around on the seat anymore. BTW its the seat concepts super grip cover.