I don't know what bike this carburetor is from.

So I have a frankin four wheeler. It's a banshee frame with a Yz426 motor but I don't believe the carburetor i have is from the 426. Can any one tell me what carb I have? IMG_0179.JPGIMG_0174.JPGIMG_0173.JPGIMG_0171.JPGIMG_0172.JPGIMG_0177.JPG

Well it's newer than my 2000 wr400 carb because it's got the hot start on a pull cable and not a plunger like mine. Supposedly my carb is the same as the wr426 but I don't know about the yz model. Can you google the numbers on the carb body?

Well it's newer than my 2000 wr400 carb because it's got the hot start on a pull cable and not a plunger like mine. Supposedly my carb is the same as the wr426 but I don't know about the yz model. Can you google the numbers on the carb body?

The hot start on this was removed and who had it before put a retrofit bolt in to plug it. I took it in to one of my parts stores in the area and they believe it's a 2006 YFZ 450.

This thread had good timing. I recently bought a 2002 WR426. The seller gave me 1 of these carbs as a spare. When he got the bike, this carb was on it and he ended up putting an original carburetor on the bike before he sold it to me. I was wondering where this carb came from. I looked in the later WR & YZ parts diagrams (Yamahapartshouse) but could not find it. Didn't think to look in the ATV parts diagrams. Sure enough, I found it in the diagram for a 2006 YZF450. OP, you're missing the wire harness that should come out of the bottom of the cover on the same side of the TPS, but it's probably not needed. Not sure what that connector is for. Not a concern to me at the moment other than curiosity.

Thanks for posting this and Krannie, thanks for the answer.

Edited by george308
  • Like 1