Carb dumping gas into crank case?

2003 YZ125.

Looking for a bit of advice. My YZ125 was making some noises, play in the fly wheel, time for a new crank & bearings. Found gas around the crank in the crankcase, crank was shiny after having been washed with gas. A few weeks prior it was leaking gas out of the carb overflow and when I took it apart the float seemed fine so I put it back together and it stopped.

Just put the engine back in the bike tonight, and it starts leaking gas out of the carb overflow and won't idle without holding the throttle. Tapped the carb slightly and it stopped pouring gas. Reed cage boot was very wet with fuel and so was the reed cage side of the carburetor.

Problem with the float? Clogged jet causing it to stall when you let off the throttle? 

How can I get the gas out of the crankcase/cylinder? I tried removing the spark plug and kicking it but no gas appeared to come out. Will this cause my crank bearings to fail again?

Thanks for any advice. I'm lost at this point.

A wear spot on the float tang where the needle contacts it can sometimes cause the float sticking you describe. If you see any indentation on the tab, try smoothing it over with some emery cloth.

Couple ways as you could get the fuel out of crankcase.

Pull tank, spark plug and flip bike upside down on grass, (or soft surface) and kick over by hand a bunch. Another way I've done it is by pulling the reed cage, and using a syringe and short hose,  suck the fuel out of the bottom, although this was on a case reed induction engine. Might not be possible if reeds are located in the cylinder. 

6 hours ago, Jeremyf1 said:

A wear spot on the float tang where the needle contacts it can sometimes cause the float sticking you describe. If you see any indentation on the tab, try smoothing it over with some emery cloth.

Couple ways as you could get the fuel out of crankcase.

Pull tank, spark plug and flip bike upside down on grass, (or soft surface) and kick over by hand a bunch. Another way I've done it is by pulling the reed cage , and using a syringe and short hose,  suck the fuel out of the bottom, although this was on a case reed induction engine. Might not be possible if reeds are located in the cylinder. 

The float seems to have stopped sticking, and the bike is now idling and running perfectly. I'm not sure if any gas entered the crankcase, however it wouldn't surprise me. Should I try and get it out before continuing to run the bike? Thanks