Setting up a fcr39mx

Hello all!  I received a brand new FCR39MX carb along with the purchase of a 2016 DRZ400SM.  It originally came from a KTM parts house based on the receipt that was included so I am not sure how set this carb is for use in my new DRZ.  Can someone point me to a list where it shows what I will need to buy and do to prep this carb for use along with my rs2 system and the 3x3?  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I used a FCR39MX from a KTM and completed the swap. This should have everything you need, albeit it would be nice if I cleaned it up the post a bit. Let me know if you have any questions that were left unanswered in the guide. It's a lot easier than it might sound at a glance, so don't fret.

Fellas- don't assume I haven't searched on this topic.  I have had this carb sitting in a box for a month while I looked online.  Reason I am stumped is because my carb doesn't have a removable bell housing where you would install the fcr to drz air intake bell housing.  Look at this pic

image.jpg

9 minutes ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

It has also been reported that the E model air boot will fit without need for an adapter

But you will need to cut into the airboot to add this hose, which is missing on the E airboot, or so I've heard.

S model airboot.png

Thank you for the info.  Carb came with a 180 main jet.  I'm thinking I should order the jd jet kit for the stock carb and slowly get this carb ready, say for next spring.  I have never had a carb'd bike so I don't want to rush and fk up.  Also, there is so much info out there that is confusing...use the tps or don't, 3x3 isn't enough and will cause tuning issues, etc... I guess I will chime back in on this thread once I have all parts I need

Thank you for the info.  Carb came with a 180 main jet.  I'm thinking I should order the jd jet kit for the stock carb and slowly get this carb ready, say for next spring.  I have never had a carb'd bike so I don't want to rush and fk up.  Also, there is so much info out there that is confusing...use the tps or don't, 3x3 isn't enough and will cause tuning issues, etc... I guess I will chime back in on this thread once I have all parts I need

You can either use the JD kit or buy individual jets for JETS R US.

The tps isn't used to it's full potential in this application. It's not needed and makes not perceivable difference.

3x3 is sufficient for what you're doing.

But you will need to cut into the airboot to add this hose, which is missing on the E airboot, or so I've heard.

590218df46786_Smodelairboot.png.500dfa236ed3e8a37e2df03930174a29.png

Correct

Another option is to use the E hose and vent to atmosphere. I rather the bike breathe a little oil mist though.

you'll need to drill out the aluminum plug over the fuel screw so you can use the flex jet (which is really a must for easy fine tuning ) If your going to run the stock petcock you'll need one of the E models vacuum nipples on the head intake for a vacuum source.

I am ordering the yamaha petcock.  I read how the drz one fails and don't need to go through that.  I also have the MCCT from TT which I will all be installing at the same time, along with a larger fuel tank.  I don't have anybody to help me so I hope to get any info I need off of the internet.  

I am ordering the yamaha petcock.  I read how the drz one fails and don't need to go through that.  I also have the MCCT from TT which I will all be installing at the same time, along with a larger fuel tank.  I don't have anybody to help me so I hope to get any info I need off of the internet.  

If you can cancel the Yamaha petcock do so and order the E model's and fuel line.
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Spyvsspy said:

All the parts listed are pretty straightforward to install. I expect you will need some help when the time comes for jetting, and there are many threads for those as well.

Do NOT order the jds005 jet kit for the stock mikuni bsr36 carburetor,it's totally the wrong kit for a fcrmx39.You want the jds010 jet kit instead.
  • Like 1

Yes, I meant the JD kit for the stock carb.  I've already put over 1k miles and I haven't had this bike for a month yet.  I have the rs2 exhaust just sitting and am at a crossroads whether to go all in with 3x3/rs2/fcr or gradually make my way there