Who's using a Rekluse in a 250RR.

My used '16 came with the new auto one. While it was cool and never stalled, I ended up taking it off in preference of a manual setup.

I use the clutch a lot while riding, and found that the auto disk was trying to do it's own thing while I was trying to modulate from the lever.... Too many cooks in the kitchen!

It's also a fair bit stiffer at the lever due to the increased spring tension.

I was going to keep most parts and switch it to a core manual, but someone(me) left the box on the truck bed cover, then left it on the expressway when it blew off

I have been using the Core EXP for many years on my 250 RR.  Clutch plates and basket are in perfect shape.  Clutch stays very cool.  It is the best Rekluse I have had in any of my bikes the  last 10 years.   I also regularly use the clutch manually. This is the first time I have not had to replace my clutch basket yearly when either using a manual or auto clutch.  I just recently replaced the weights as the nylon sliders were worn.  While I was waiting for my new weights I put the manual clutch in and  it worked perfectly. honestly I'm shocked at the durability of the whole set up.

The primary ratio in the Beta has a lot to do with that, and the basket quality is excellent as well.  Mine has approx 300 hrs and looks new.  OEM manual, don't like auto clutches, JMO though.  I'm really liking this 250 motor.  Running an RBD cut head with 203 PSI @ 0 - 1K' and it rips!

• Like 1

yep  Spinning the clutch faster is a great design reducing the torque transfer required by the plates.  Remember the BMW dirt bike where they mounted the clutch right on the crank? Created additional challenges but the design had some positives.

I've been loving my 2016 250.  At first I thought the clutch was stiff because I was off a KTM 200 (very light clutch).  What I now find is that I don't use the clutch very much and when I do, I just pull it in a little for the tech sections.  Part of the puzzle for me was the NECJ needle and #38 pilot jet.  This jetting change improves the motor behavior for lugging in difficult sections for me.

3 hours ago, bryanaverill said:

I've been loving my 2016 250.  At first I thought the clutch was stiff because I was off a KTM 200 (very light clutch).  What I now find is that I don't use the clutch very much and when I do, I just pull it in a little for the tech sections.  Part of the puzzle for me was the NECJ needle and #38 pilot jet.  This jetting change improves the motor behavior for lugging in difficult sections for me.

Are you at altitude?  J is a bit lean at sea level in the 250 but great in the 300.  NECW is great in the 250, nice low end torque into a ripping top.

• Like 1