RM 250 frame Gaurds

So, i have a 01 Rm 250, and can only seem to find frame guards for the 04- on and i was wondering if they were compatible?

I have an 03 and pretty much have the same issue when looking for these. The answer always seems to come down to getting lucky and find leftover guards for your bike somewhere, using grip tape, or buying the 04+ ones and modify them so they fit.

I have an 03 and pretty much have the same issue when looking for these. The answer always seems to come down to getting lucky and find leftover guards for your bike somewhere, using grip tape, or buying the 04+ ones and modify them so they fit.

What mods do you have to do to the 04 to make them fit the 03 frame.

Well I've opted for grip tape, or bare metal most of the time. I would figure a drill, dremel tool, and some self fabrication would make them work.
Most after market frame guards are aluminum so it is pretty easy to alter the shape of or add a hole where you need to.

My Idea of the difference, though i haven't looked at a 04 frame, is that the frame guards are classified as different simply because of the rear brake pump being different between the 03- 04. I'm might order a set of 04 and try it for myself. As far as i know,  from 01 on the Rm frames never changed till 06. 

Edited by peyton mcadams