Sign in to follow this  

Hot rods stroker crank for 2014/2015 yz250f

It says install and go , i presume the rod is a little shorter , with my athena cylinder that would make 290cc .

I dont think the tuning would be much of a problem , worst case is to have it on a dyno and tweak it from there .

I dont think I have seen anyone do a 290 kit yet, on the newer 250f's. I would like to see a review of a 290cc FX

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:59 AM, chris-law said:

It says install and go , i presume the rod is a little shorter , with my athena cylinder that would make 290cc .

I dont think the tuning would be much of a problem , worst case is to have it on a dyno and tweak it from there .

did u end up doing this? I would be worried the extra 3mm going downwards would put the piston skirt out of the cylinder as the BB piston has already 5mm more skirt than standard, I want to do this myself but yes worried about the above

I recently was reading a blog at MX43.com. Guy had an FX and did a 290 kit. I believe it was by ThumperRacing

On 06/04/2018 at 7:56 AM, holland711 said:

did u end up doing this? I would be worried the extra 3mm going downwards would put the piston skirt out of the cylinder as the BB piston has already 5mm more skirt than standard, I want to do this myself but yes worried about the above

No , the yzf crank is different to the wr , I bought a 450 instead