Horsepower numbers on KTM 150, 250 SX and XC and 350/450 SX-F and XC-F

I currently have an '08 KTM 250 XC-F with an FMF exhaust system and vortex piston. This summer I am going to try to get a second bike. I am leaning towards a used 150 sx or 250 xc but I am also thinking about a 350 or 450 and I can't decide. I understand that they're all great bikes and all have their pros and cons. I've heard all about how they perform and handle but I found very limited information on how powerful the are compared to each other and on paper. Has anyone dyno'd these bikes and if so, what sort of numbers did you get in torque and horsepower? I am looking for something more powerful than my current bike and I ride very aggressively so I would like to hear about how snappy they are and how much low end they have compared to a 250 4t.

You only seemed to be concerned about torque and HP, a 450 is the only logical option.. But, if you aren't getting 'it' done on your 08 it's likely you won't get it done on anything else. The 08s are lightweight rocketships... 

• Like 1

You only seemed to be concerned about torque and HP, a 450 is the only logical option.. But, if you aren't getting 'it' done on your 08 it's likely you won't get it done on anything else. The 08s are lightweight rocketships... 

Don't get me wrong I am doing really well on my 250 and I am very much enjoying it and pushing it. But, I'd like to have a second bike to practice on and already have for when I'm ready to upgrade and have fun with the extra power. I will still be racing my 250 this year but I will also be riding whatever new bike I get. I've done a lot of research on their handling but I'm just wondering about the power of them, relatively. This won't be the determiner of what bike I get, it will just give me an idea of what I am getting into.

Power to weight, the 450 sx-f is ridiculous. 63HP on a 23X lb bike is insane. Good luck! If you are aggressive you might also like the 350 sx-f, all of the power is high in the rpms and it is close to the same power to weight ratio as the 450, just lighter, less rotating mass which definitely equates to a more nimble feeling bike. I've only heard praises about the 250sx too: a very exciting and nimble bike. 

Power to weight, the 450 sx-f is ridiculous. 63HP on a 23X lb bike is insane. Good luck! If you are aggressive you might also like the 350 sx-f, all of the power is high in the rpms and it is close to the same power to weight ratio as the 450, just lighter, less rotating mass which definitely equates to a more nimble feeling bike. I've only heard praises about the 250sx too: a very exciting and nimble bike. 

Alright I'll definitely have to look into them on Craigslist and see what I can find thanks