HELP! - Buying Advice 1999 KTM EXC 380

Below the link for the KTM. I talked to the owner and he would take 1800 for it.

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/6084722461.html

Says the bike is in great running condition, ready to ride. Obviously, as it was just recently gone through. No leaks, everything working as it should. Owner is 49 years old, he owned the bike since 2004 and is the 2nd owner, has all original owners manuals. Clean title in hand and green sticker on it good until 2019. Never raced the bike.

Is this a good bike/good buy for 1800 bucks? Let me know what you think. 

Thanks very much, greatly appreciate your help.

12 hours ago, JochenWoern said:

Below the link for the KTM. I talked to the owner and he would take 1800 for it.

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/6084722461.html

Says the bike is in great running condition, ready to ride. Obviously, as it was just recently gone through. No leaks, everything working as it should. Owner is 49 years old, he owned the bike since 2004 and is the 2nd owner, has all original owners manuals. Clean title in hand and green sticker on it good until 2019. Never raced the bike.

Is this a good bike/good buy for 1800 bucks? Let me know what you think. 

Thanks very much, greatly appreciate your help.

ANYONE?

im not sure if its good value or not in your area  but i can tell you what they are like to ride as i used to have one. theres 2 ways of looking at them. 1st is they are a brilliant half way house between a modern 300 2 stroke and a cr/kx 500.  the 2nd way is its a bit pointless as you get the minus points of a big stroker but without the massive torgue of a 500.

most bottom end parts and chassis bits are same as a 250 so bits are no problem. just the crank and top end is exclusive to this model.

i did enjoy owning mine but after some time i looked at it from the 2nd point of view.  at the time i had a ktm 300 and a cr500 and it just wasnt getting used. the 300 vibrates far, far less and still lugs very low. the 380 struggles to do this.  if i tried riding it like a 500 i found it disappointing and lacking torque. with all this in mind it got sold.