2011 crf450r won't start after stalling

So I have replaced everything electrical on this bike also but a new throttle body sensors and a fast heads head on it. It's go 2 hours on everything. I put a rekulse auto z clutch in it and I'm at the track now. It will stall once and a while going into a corner. But then I can't get it started. It take like 100 kicks to finally start. I also put a get power ecu in it and told me to zero out the tps. Could this b the reason it won't start. Even cold it takes a while to start up. After everything I put into this bike it should start first kick. Any suggestions

I think TPS would be a good place to start.  Give it a touch of throttle when trying to start.  If that works then It could be the TPS.  My 2015 sometimes is finicky and likes a tad bit of throttle.  Not always, just sometimes.  Is your idle set to 1900 when warm?  Other possibilities:  clogged fuel screen or injector not letting enough fuel by.  Bad stator or rectifier not providing enough voltage for a good spark. Look on you tube on how to test a stator since it is easy.  Maybe you replaced that already though. 

Make sure you go to top dead center, get a good solid kick each time, and be methodical with starting it.  They don't like rapid kicking.  Mine will never start if I do that.  So when you get pissed off just take a breath and stop kicking for a second.  It will only piss you off more by kicking the hell out of it. 

When cold I like to give it about 4 smooth light kicks to prime the injector and then give it one swift kick from TDC.  Fires first time every time like that.

Good luck! Be sure to post back on your findings.

I think TPS would be a good place to start.  Give it a touch of throttle when trying to start.  If that works then It could be the TPS.  My 2015 sometimes is finicky and likes a tad bit of throttle.  Not always, just sometimes.  Is your idle set to 1900 when warm?  Other possibilities:  clogged fuel screen or injector not letting enough fuel by.  Bad stator or rectifier not providing enough voltage for a good spark. Look on you tube on how to test a stator since it is easy.  Maybe you replaced that already though. 
Make sure you go to top dead center, get a good solid kick each time, and be methodical with starting it.  They don't like rapid kicking.  Mine will never start if I do that.  So when you get pissed off just take a breath and stop kicking for a second.  It will only piss you off more by kicking the hell out of it. 
When cold I like to give it about 4 smooth light kicks to prime the injector and then give it one swift kick from TDC.  Fires first time every time like that.

I changed ever electrical part on the bike. She is totally rebuilt except for the bottom end. I have a feeling it's the tps. I've been messing with it all day. Thanks for the reply I'll let you know how I make out
  • Like 1

My 2006 does the same exact thing. Obviously mine is carb not injected but once its nice and hot its miserable to restart-up.

Im going the lazy way to fix mine and just going to buy one with an E-Start. maybe the new 17 CRF450RX ?

• 2 weeks later...

TPS was the problem. Scotch locked a wire off the tps and tested the output and it was way off. Set it at 5.2 volts and it runs mint and starts right up.
  • Like 1