Middle Creek to Stonyford

Has any one trial ridden from Middle Creek to Stonyford (Goat MTN) lately ? curious how that winter creek/river crossing  east of Twin Valley road is at this time ?? Thanx, Dan

hey Dan, I don't know current conditions, but I know I hate MC ice roads.     lots of TT guys here are raving about MC conditions these last 2 weeks.   I never seem to get it good  :(

P1110115small.JPG

Edited by bigbob

1 hour ago, MotoXotica said:

Has any one trial ridden from Middle Creek to Stonyford (Goat MTN) lately ? curious how that winter creek/river crossing  east of Twin Valley road is at this time ?? Thanx, Dan

yeah road across last weekend. trails were good getting dusty in the open areas. the creeks/rivers definitely have some deep spot so look for good crossing points

The deep river crossing on 37 is DEEP but passable. Our group of 3 last Saturday made it through but our boots were definitely fully soaked.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NAYR said:

The deep river crossing on 37 is DEEP but passable. Our group of 3 last Saturday made it through but our boots were definitely fully soaked.

Wonder if you were on the Don Ivan ride? Our group left Davis Flat (Stoney) with the intent of doing just that and I heard the river was flowing pretty good. Talked to a guy that drowned his bike (he was doing the DI ride) and we decided to wait another day to do that loop.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dyrtmon said:

Wonder if you were on the Don Ivan ride? Our group left Davis Flat (Stoney) with the intent of doing just that and I heard the river was flowing pretty good. Talked to a guy that drowned his bike (he was doing the DI ride) and we decided to wait another day to do that loop.

I wasn't on that ride. I rode with two guys on here from MC to Stony and back. Both ways out there and back aren't quite ideal at the moment. It was cool to be up on trail 4 at Stony on our own. Seems that there is (or was after this week) still too much snow to access it from the Stony side.

3 hours ago, NAYR said:

I wasn't on that ride. I rode with two guys on here from MC to Stony and back. Both ways out there and back aren't quite ideal at the moment. It was cool to be up on trail 4 at Stony on our own. Seems that there is (or was after this week) still too much snow to access it from the Stony side.

Trail 4 was 99 percent clear of snow last Sunday.

On 4/27/2017 at 4:05 PM, dyrtmon said:

I was with NAYR last weekend.  We did the exact same loop that you and I did about a year ago.  The crossing at 37 is doable but has a low margin for error.  You would be fine. 

The snow guesstimate is based on some feedback from another group while on the lookout at the top of 4. 

2 hours ago, DBragg said:

I was with NAYR last weekend.  We did the exact same loop that you and I did about a year ago.  The crossing at 37 is doable but has a low margin for error.  You would be fine. 

The snow guesstimate is based on some feedback from another group while on the lookout at the top of 4. 

That's what I figured, but we had a group of 7 and of course if one guy goes under.....you get the drill..

And we did go over the top of 4. We did encounter one drift that I had to take two attempts (was in the lead and hit it half heartedly) but was no biggie. Moot now as warm weather is here.