Yz250f motor swap

Just wondering I have 2005 yz250f. What years of Yz250 can I swap a motor into it. I blew mine up and am looking to just swap.

my dad has done that....bolted right on (for an 05 engine and frame) but the pipe is a bit of a problem there nowhere to mount it so you have to make custom mounts

than I don't know I don't want to tell u false information but as long as the engine and frame are the same year ( 05 yz250 motor on 05 yzf frame or 06 yz250 motor on an 06 yzf frame) see what I mean

see.....but like i said the yzf frame was made for 4 stroke pipe and the two stroke pipe wont "just bolt on without modification" for me i just had to fabricate a bracket

yz250f frame, yz250 motor_ - <a href='https://thumpertalk.com/link/click/4471/' rel='nofollow' data-ipsHover-target='https://thumpertalk.com/index.php?app=autolink&module=links&controller=content&id=4471' data-ipsHover target='_blank' rel='noopener' data-autoLink>Yamaha</a> 2-Stroke - ThumperTalk.jpg

well an 03 has a steel frame while in 05 they changed to aluminium ( you know with the gas tank in the middle of the two frame supports while the 04 and before, the tank slides over just one frame beam)

no yz 250 on yzf frame

I have an 05 bike so does that mean I can swap any motor from 05 and up on the yz250f model

they should interchange as long as its before 2010 at that point they started putting the intake over the gas tank and the engines were slanted to the rear

but youll still have to fabricate something