Bike for 5'8" Beginner

So I want to get into Dirt Biking, but I'm not sure what bike to start with. I am 5'7-5'8, 130 lbs, and I have sat on big bikes and I can flat foot one side, and tiptoe both. I don't feel scared, but I have only ridden a CRF 250r around someones yard, and it was fine but i still don't have a good feel for the power(but I can tell it is powerful). I have been thinking of 3 bikes, a CRF 230, a CR 125, and a CRF 250r. I have ridden smaller bikes (All of them too small), and i'm pretty good at it, not scared of going fast and hard. I will mostly be riding desert trails, dunes, larger mountain trails, and maybe jumping with my friends, but no motocross in the foreseeable future. My budget is around 2500 for a good used bike to start out on. I know that the 230 would be fine, but my friends all have 250's and I want to keep up , but I don't want to be scared of the power a bike that can keep up puts out, and i want a bike that I can ride forever if possible. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, PPace07

Edited by PPace07

If $2500 is your budget, I would not recommend a purpose built 4 stroke motocross bike. The maintenance and/or sudden breakage would bankrupt you.
I would look for a solid kdx220 or ktm 200. Both are not too powerful, are light, and cheap to maintain.

• Like 2

what about a 125

They are great, and will teach you how to ride. However, with all your friends being on 250's, you might be blowing it up trying to keep up with them. A steel framed yz125 is magic in the woods and can be had for under $2000