Sign in to follow this  

Idle creep.

I finally got to get my bike out today. First, I love this bike. Coming from. CRF450r, this is so much smoother but still has power when I want it. I noticed that my idle kept creeping up during the ride. I kept having to adjust the idle screw as I rode. I need to read up on this carb. Any ideas as to why it is creeping?

Becoming an Idle Creep is an admirable career goal, but be forewarned, its not something just anyone can achieve. The life of the Idle Creep has many challenges, avoiding work and responsibility, backsliding on personal hygiene and not giving a damn about how others perceive your lifestyle and character is harder than it sounds. Very few are born with the instinctive talents and moral turpitude necessary to excel in the field of Idle Creep. These skills are made possible only through diligent avoidance of societal norms and expectations. Despite these many obstacles to your life as an Idle Creep, with enough casual drug and alcohol abuse, unprotected sex with seedy strangers, massive quantities of unnecessary profanity and strict inattention to dental care, you can join the few chronicly underachieving geniuses who really carry it off with the saviour faire to make Idle Creep cool. Start growing your mullet or deadlocks, buy a gross of white A shirts and a case of cheap vodka, or better yet, steal these things, and you'll be on the path towards Idle Creep. Good luck and Godspeed.

• Like 3

Took the carb off today. What a bugger to remove!  I dropped the sub frame and was able to remove it easily. There was a good bit of sediment in the bowl. It needed a good cleaning. The fuel screw did not have an o ring. I was careful when removing it to be sure the ring didn't get lost. It was nowhere to be found. Also, the o rings on the fuel inlet pretty much disintegrated. Thankfully I found some on eBay. The diaphragm on the accelerator pump is a bit sketchy.  Everything else looked pretty good. 

• Like 2