2007 beta 450rr. Thoughts?

I'm going to look at a 2007 beta 450 rr for $3000 tomorrow. Low hours. Ktm 450 exc motor. What are the good and bad things about the bike?  What are things to look for? Thank you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoosier-Daddy said:

Might check top end parts availability before you pull the trigger

Thank you. 

Rockymountainatvmc.com say they stock all top end and engine related parts for the 2007 450 exc motor. 

The good - the motor, solid averagely dependable

The bad - the motor, slow, boring and more noise then go

• Like 1

3 hours ago, weantright said:

The good - the motor, solid averagely dependable

The bad - the motor, slow, boring and more noise then go

Thank you. Is it an all round solid bike though? I plan to ride it a lot. 

22 hours ago, weantright said:

Its a good bike, price seems a little high for a 10 year 3 gen old bike.

I have to agree, while they handle nice, and the suspension like most other bikes of its era "can" be refreshed to work well. The older 450 ktm motors do not set the world on fire with its power, and while stuff is and most likely always be available still pricey. Also as stated the plastic is getting difficult to find, this is frustrating to think you got a nice bike and will struggle to find replacement plastic.

IF you need engine work and suspension work on it, that $3k bike will turn into a $5k bike, which puts it at the same cost as Beta's newer model with the Beta motor, which everything is and will be available for years to come.... 

20 minutes ago, Mark-us-B said:

I have to agree, while they handle nice, and the suspension like most other bikes of its era "can" be refreshed to work well. The older 450 ktm motors do not set the world on fire with its power, and while stuff is and most likely always be available still pricey. Also as stated the plastic is getting difficult to find, this is frustrating to think you got a nice bike and will struggle to find replacement plastic.

IF you need engine work and suspension work on it, that $3k bike will turn into a $5k bike, which puts it at the same cost as Beta 's newer model with the Beta motor, which everything is and will be available for years to come.... 

Thanks. I ended up getting a crf250x instead from a dealer. 

• Like 1