How to fix throttle play on 2004 crf50?

I just bought a 2004 crf50, since I'm new at buying a motorbike I didn't really know what to look for. I got it for $500. It turns on with one kick of the kickstand but here's the problem I think, the throttle is sort of loose..idk if it's suppose to be like that? I grab the cable and pull back and the play sort of goes away so what might it be? 

image.jpg

Edited by alexBLOX

Because that is an aftermarket throttle assembly and front brake perch, the adjuster in the throttle cable may be in a different spot. The adjustment procedure is the same; undo the jamnut and unthread other end a little, set it to your personal preference and then retighten the jamnut to the other end.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CRF James said:

A small amount of free play is normal. Usually 1/8 to 3/16 in. If more then that you can adjust it.

Here is a link to the owners manual. The info on adjusting the throttle is on page 69.

http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owning_a_honda/owners_manuals/motorcycles/CRF50F-2004.pdf

Thanks, another question...when I went to put gas on it, I put it back in my 4 door car but the door break was caught in the seat and pushed all the way down...now for me to completely stop my back wheel I have to push all the way down, is that normal? 

50 minutes ago, dirtbkr188 said:

Because that is an aftermarket throttle assembly and front brake perch, the adjuster in the throttle cable may be in a different spot. The adjustment procedure is the same; undo the jamnut and unthread other end a little, set it to your personal preference and then retighten the jamnut to the other end.

Alright thanks, another question...how do I maintain the bike like changing oil, lubing chain, throttle cable and so on? I also don't get what you mean by jamnut, is it this in the picture?

image.jpg

Edited by alexBLOX

Thanks, another question...when I went to put gas on it, I put it back in my 4 door car but the door break was caught in the seat and pushed all the way down...now for me to completely stop my back wheel I have to push all the way down, is that normal? 

No but that can be adjust using the nut on the end of the rear brake cable.

All the basic maintance information you need can be found in the link to the owners manual above, including adjusting the brakes. I printed out a copy when I got my 1st CRF50.

Alright thanks, another question...how do I maintain the bike like changing oil, lubing chain, throttle cable and so on? I also don't get what you mean by jamnut, is it this in the picture?
image.thumb.jpg.8bb38e5e628c15783c9094d66ff30ab8.jpg

YouTube will soon become a valuable tool for you

Damn bro thanks a lot!! Looks easy!

22 minutes ago, CRF James said:

YouTube will soon become a valuable tool for you emoji6.png

Damn bro thanks a lot, looks easy!!!