selling 450 for 250

Hey guys read up a lot on here and have decided to take a step bace to go forward.... kind of. thinking about selling my 2009 Yz450 for a to get a 2014 Crf250. I am a novice rider on guam and really enjoy it, but feel I would be better served by knowing the how an why, instead of twist the throttle harder and do it. What are your thoughts?

17990741_10209292717543260_7987210661881141673_n.jpg

• Like 1

Thats kind of what I was thinking. I like the idea of fuel injection and being 6 years newer, but I can't really use the power down low I can stall it where ever.

It takes a little time to adjust . With the smaller bike you have to ride them more aggressive. It will force you to carry more speed into the corners since you can't power out as easily. You cant be lazy.

Lower powered bikes that you can control could make you a better rider.  It worked for me.

I went from an '07 YZ450F to a '14 YZ250F. It was a PITA to learn to ride it for me. It didn't turn very well, so carrying more speed into the corners didn't really work out for me. Hopefully you'll have better luck with the Honda. I then went to a '17 KTM450 and I'm much faster everywhere. It feels much lighter and is so much easier to maintain corner speed.

I went from an '07 YZ450F to a '14 YZ250F. It was a PITA to learn to ride it for me. It didn't turn very well, so carrying more speed into the corners didn't really work out for me. Hopefully you'll have better luck with the Honda. I then went to a '17 KTM450 and I'm much faster everywhere. It feels much lighter and is so much easier to maintain corner speed.

Hmm the newest gen YZ250f is one of the best handling bikes I have ridden. Miles ahead of an 07 YZ450. I have ridden pretty much every new KTM model too. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
  • Like 1

After 4 years I thought I was ready for a 450 cuz all my new buddies were fast on them(off road, not moto).  Got a mint '07 YZ450 and didn't like it really at all.  I was barely using the power and instead of being smooth in turns like on my 125, I was coming in too hot, stomping the brakes and then using the power to make up for it.  

Most of all I just have more fun when I feel like I'm using all the power instead of barely hanging on.  To each their own...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cesper said:

After 4 years I thought I was ready for a 450 cuz all my new buddies were fast on them(off road, not moto).  Got a mint '07 YZ450 and didn't like it really at all.  I was barely using the power and instead of being smooth in turns like on my 125, I was coming in too hot, stomping the brakes and then using the power to make up for it.  

Most of all I just have more fun when I feel like I'm using all the power instead of barely hanging on.  To each their own...

Off road is completely different. IMHO On the single track, unless you're really fast, power is not your friend. I like a 450 on the track, it lets you ride lazy. In the woods, it wears me out.