RMZ 250 2014 front wheel won't freespin

Hi,

I have a 2014 RMZ250 and the front wheel won't spin freely. , the brake drags on the rotor.

I changed the pads today and it is now even worst. I tightned the wheel properly and torqued all of the bolts.

what should I do?

Edited by Eli F

Sounds like a warped rotor my 15 ktm250sxf will spin for a little but drags a tiny bit. If it's really bad look at your rotor and spin the wheel and see how straight it is. Or take it off and put it on a flat surface.

could this be the reason way my front brake is spongy and very soft?

I did bleed my brakes and changed the brake fluid and it is stiil spongy. what else can I do?

IMG_1968.thumb.JPG.fa5d6e7ae5cea3001db496415b116b20.JPG

Buy one of these. Inject one shot into the caliper bleeder with m/c cap off. Done in 30 seconds and start calling everyone else "bleeding" brakes, amateurs!

And pads always touch the rotor.

If they drag. Stop the wheel drag. Get new caliper piston seals.

It may be time for a caliper rebuild... I had the same thing happen on my 2008. Took the caliper apart, cleaned it up really good, replaced the piston seals & brake pads, and then button everything back up. For good measure, I also rebuilt the master cylinder and trued the wheel. Everything spins freely now. 

Edited by fulton246
  • Like 1

I had this happen on my '15 rmz250 and I fixed it by cleaning the wheel / caliper, followed by using a flathead to "reset" the caliper. I pushed the pad back a bit and when I engaged the front brake it settled itself out to spin much better. 

I think it was just dirty and not disengaging fully.