Sign in to follow this  

Broken flange?

Just saw this item and curious if anyone has broke their flange and if this would have prevented it, or have this on and smashed the pipe to where this definitely saved their flange.

Not all that expensive of a part and seems legit in theory.

I know that the flange and cylinder are a matched set so this could very well save quite a bit of money if a flange is broken, not to mention ending the ride on a bad note.

IMG_4608.PNG

Yes, a bunch of people have broken their flanges. I look at it as good insurance against a ruined race or trail ride day for not much money. 

• Like 1

IMG_1350.JPG

I think they are a great idea and will protect the flange.... worth the money imo.

• Like 1

Thanks y'all.
On its way.
Have a Fatty on the way as well so figure now is a good time as any.
Funny I've never seen this before, have they been out long?

I installed one on my bike. Easy to install and should do what it's designed to do.

• Like 1

I have one and I still bent and hairline cracked my flange but it was a super hard impact that caused it

I have one and I still bent and hairline cracked my flange but it was a super hard impact that caused it

Dang, probably would have completely destroyed it without?

For sure it was a suicide log crossing mission.. must have been 40 logs deep ... I added a skid plate that protects the pipe... For sure it helped and kept it from happening a long time ago... That being said the best protection is the skid plate with the pipe gaurd.. I really b
Messed up on one of the logs[emoji23]IMG_20170217_153853.jpgIMG_20170217_153902.jpg

• Like 1