The Yamaha Hannah Yellow Thread

Ok...I absolutely enjoy reading the Honda Flash Red thread. There are so many great Hondas from the late '70's and early '80's and seeing people restore them, ride them, Vintage race them is great to see...

But, equally as impressive, were Yamaha's MX accomplishments from the mid-'70's to early '80's...when Yamahas were yellow and Bob Hannah was thrilling Supercross crowds...

Also, if you have a modern Yamaha that you have converted to Hannah Yellow , please share your pics.

So, let me start this off with my recent purchase. I found this already restored on CL in Phoenix...Restored is not the same as race-ready, so I have been tuning the suspension and jetting...right now, it's my back up bike for Vintage MX racing....that's why it's still in nice condition...I crashed recently, bent the bars and just put on a Renthal CR-High 7/8" bar...

IMG_1926.JPGIMG_1927.JPGIMG_1928.JPG

• Like 5

There seem to be quite a few of these at the Vintage MX races. I guess they were popular bikes, easy to maintain and rebuild, so people have kept them around. They definitely have a cool look to them...fools you though...you think it's going to handle like a bike with a progressive link shock, but it feels more like riding a high travel, dual shock bike.

• Like 1

Yeah...red, white, and black look good...but yellow, black, and white is still my favorite...it is funny to see old MX videos and more than half the field is yellow with Yamahas and Suzukis...I think Yamaha did race some of the red and white bikes in Europe..

Yellow and black looked good then...
IMG_1930.JPG

...and still looks amazing...
IMG_1932.JPG

• Like 1