Plated bike

So we're settling in near Green Valley and I walked in to the DOMV with the titles for the wife's quad and my CRF250x and walked out with plates. No inspection, nothing. Now, where do I mount the plate? do I need lights and a mirror? Break the law and beg forgiveness later? I pulled the rear light and headlight as well, will most likely get an aftermarket headlight. Any suggestions or real life horror stories?

Did you get an actual MC plate or one that has an RV on it?
Did you also get your OHV tag to go on the plate?
We have two types of MC plate here.
Full use and limited use.
They both look the same ie, MC not RV but you'll need an OHV tag with the limited use plate.

As far as the law, you need to carry basic insurance on the machine just like a car and you should have at a minimum
Head light
Tail light
Horn
Mirror to be legal.
I only have a head light and tail light on my 250 xc-w
Ride responsibility and you'll never have a problem.

Though I have heard that the LE are starting to ticked the limited use plates if you live in say page and are on the DS ride in like Tucson.
That plate is really only to and from the trail.
Sorry for the long read. Haha!!

• Like 1

I'm in Rio Rico just south of you. I Have an RV plate with the OVH tag, I just screwed it under the rear fender, but you can see it. I ride manly forest service roads and gas pipeline roads and haven't had any problems. Although its rare to see forest service cops in Tubac. Oh, and I ride a YZ250F and my son rides a DRZ125L. Both have RV plates, no lights or mirrors.

It's an Arizona thing.
The emissions stay here, not allowed to leave the state.

• Like 1

That's good, wouldn't want the climate activists here in Eugene filling a lawsuit.

But if y'all need some tail pipe emissions we could trade you for a few days of rain and some trees......
We need trees
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ssilver2002 said:

I'm in Rio Rico just south of you. I Have an RV plate with the OVH tag, I just screwed it under the rear fender, but you can see it. I ride manly forest service roads and gas pipeline roads and haven't had any problems. Although its rare to see forest service cops in Tubac. Oh, and I ride a YZ250F and my son rides a DRZ125L. Both have RV plates, no lights or mirrors.

We are duval mine road exit east side of HWY. Can I get to my moms in Tubac? Also, my plate is just MC no OHV tag. The wifes quad has OHV sticker.

4 hours ago, lhc450 said:

Did you get an actual MC plate or one that has an RV on it?
Did you also get your OHV tag to go on the plate?
We have two types of MC plate here.
Full use and limited use.
They both look the same ie, MC not RV but you'll need an OHV tag with the limited use plate.

As far as the law, you need to carry basic insurance on the machine just like a car and you should have at a minimum
Head light
Tail light
Horn
Mirror to be legal.
I only have a head light and tail light on my 250 xc-w
Ride responsibility and you'll never have a problem.

Though I have heard that the LE are starting to ticked the limited use plates if you live in say page and are on the DS ride in like Tucson.
That plate is really only to and from the trail.
Sorry for the long read. Haha!!

The CRF 250x is MC only no OHV tag. quad OHV tag. Give 'em no reason to pull you over, like everywhere else and then kill em with kindness if you run into them I'd imagine.  I walked in and just put down the paperwork and shut my whore mouth. Giggled like a school girl walking out with plates. Never happen in OR.

Edited by portlandcsc

4 hours ago, HeavyRotation said:

That's good, wouldn't want the climate activists here in Eugene filling a lawsuit.

So glad to be out of OR. Feckin 90 days straight rain when we left last week.

The CRF 250x is MC only no OHV tag. quad OHV tag. Give 'em no reason to pull you over, like everywhere else and then kill em with kindness if you run into them I'd imagine.  I walked in and just put down the paperwork and shut my whore mouth. Giggled like a school girl walking out with plates. Never happen in OR.

One of the many awesome perks of AZ.
You can plate anything here, as long as you have insurance.
Plated two strokes rock!!
  • Like 2

Sure just take I-19, haha. Anyways I really haven't messed around on the east side of the freeway but google earth is your friend. You can try and get to the gas pipeline road on the west side of the freeway and try and get down that way.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, portlandcsc said:

You will need to get a OHV tag for your 250x.

All OHVs made by the manufacturer primarily for use over unimproved terrain and that weigh 1,800 pounds or less are required by law to display a valid OHV Decal. This includes "street legal" vehicles that meet these two requirements. More info can be found here OHV faqs.

Ever thought about joining a MC club? Trail Riders of Southern Arizona is a local club based in Tucson. We have several members down your way who would be happy to show you around. If you feel like driving north a bit to Marana we have a ton of single track to ride. Anyway welcome to the desert.

• Like 2