How much does yz250f 2005 top and bottom rebuild cost

Your location shows BC / Canada,

if you're not doing any work yourself, I'd say a full rebuild at a shop will cost more than the bike is worth.

(keeping in mind it's 12 year old bike that needs many other components refurbished as well, especially the suspension)

Your other recent post asks about swapping in a YZ250 (2-stroke) engine, again not a simple bolt-in, 

likely an even more complicated project than rebuilding your current engine.

Do you have an idea what is wrong with your current engine?

Has anyone experienced with dirtbike engines had a look at it to give you an idea.

Edited by mlatour

I'll try to answer  your question for my '04 YZ250f using aftermarket kit since that is the easiest to price - not that I would use aftermarket.

A wrench rabbit complete T&B rebuild kit is $635 on the street.  No valve work at all - valves would cost $325 OEM + $125 labor

The local shop that use for repairs charges $600 if they split the cases.  You'd probably need to put some attention into the cylinder - worse case aftermarket unit is $217.

$635+325+125+600+217=$1902 with no consideration for any worn transmission parts.  Running YZs in this year range go for around $2000 in my area.

Other items that will probably need attention - wheel bearings, swing arm bearings, etc.  You'll fight and cuss over a "lean bog" too.  And the tires are probably worn and needing to be replaced.

The moral of the story is that if you can't work on a used bike yourself then it is probably not worth the investment.

• Like 2

To be more precise, I meant OEM parts in Canada are about twice the price as advertised in the USA

(not twice the price of aftermarket parts)

Example, a TTR230 oil filter     USA: 6.75$ USD  ,  CAN: 16.96$ CAD + 14% taxes.

With the current exchange rate that's about 12.45$ USD before taxes.

Edited by mlatour