2017 350 XC F Skid Plate

I need to purchase a skid plate and its hard to tell which one offers the best off road protection by the generic pictures.  Looking at the Acerbis, KTM Factory one, P3 Carbon Fiber and the TM Designworks.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by scooter12
Wrong wording

I have the plastic KTM one and it has been perfect for over a year, I wont do another aluminum skid plate. 

I have used both the KTM hardparts plastic one and also the Acerbis plastic one.  The KTM hardparts one is much stronger and thicker and has better mounting hardware, but it's really heavy compared to the Acerbis one.  I would say it depends on your riding terrain, if you have a lot of rocks and need really good protection, the KTM hardparts is hard to beat.  The Acerbis one is good for general protection, but I don't think it would hold up very well in rocks.  Never tried the other ones you mentioned or aluminum ones.

Check out Slavens Racing, they recommend AXP and ride in LOTS of rock. I had carbon fiber on my old YZ250 2t, and it was okay, but the resin was hammered after 3 or 4 rides. The skid plate held together well enough for 9 months of racing, but long-term use or resale would be out of the question, in my opinion.

• Like 1

I went with the KTM plastic one. I thought about the P3 but why I figured why spend the extra money on something that is just going to get hammered by rocks when the plastic one provides adequate protection and is fairly light weight as well. I did not see the AXP before I bought mine. I thought it was aluminum at first until I read the description. It looks pretty sweet but I wonder if you have to take out those 6 counter sunk screws on the bottom every time you want to take it off?

AXP. It looks pretty sweet but I wonder if you have to take out those 6 counter sunk screws on the bottom every time you want to take it off?

No.
On the Xtreme version there is only three bolts that would need to be removed to take it off.
The six counter sunk screws hold the rear hook securing system in place and do not need to be removed.
Once the other two forward fasteners are removed then the plastic skid plate can be flexed to remove and unhook it off the rear portion of the frame.
  • Like 1