Trying to make 99 XR200 street legal

Info on this topic has been posted before, but I wanted to hear the latest. 

What lighting kit would you recommend - Baja Designs has one - any others that might be better?  I'm hearing that the 1999 stator puts out only 65 watts and that getting it rewound (around $200) will get it to 110 watts, so you can ride at night, but aren't there new stators out there for less than that and  with more output?

The tires will need "DOT" on them.  Those dual sport tires are compromises, but what are some descent ones, especially that'll fit the 17" rear rim? 

I'm not sure if the exhaust pipe is passable,  baffle may be missing.   I've attached a picture, can you tell if anything is missing?

It'll need a chain guard- there's small black thing there now, but I'm not sure if that's a chairguard or not.  I've attached a  picture.

I'd appreciate any advice you have.

thanks,
Joe

chain_Gaurd.jpg

pipe.jpg

Over the years I've plated a few bikes including XRs and each state seems have unique requirements. Also you have not stated the intended street use. Some states allow a 35watt head light which I don't consider adequate for high speed night riding, some don't require turn signals (which need DC), there are AC horns, some don't require DOT tires, etc.  There are cheap and expensive solutions that are dependent on performance requirements. A stock 200 is a bit shy of power for highway cruising and certainly short for freeway use. So more info will help, along with your state's requirements.

Edited by Chuck.

Chuck, good questions.

No highway/freeways, no urban riding.   I'll be trailering the bike to rural, low traffic areas for leisurely riding, during daylight hours, and if I come across allowed trails, I can ride them. 

I'm in PA, and have spoken to DMV and enhanced inspection station.  They said the XR will qualify but will need speedometer, horn, chain guard, and DOT tires and lights/turn signals.  I want the high watt headlight and am willing to replace or rewind stator to get that. 

All the nearby off road riding places have been developed and I have to commute almost 3 hours for a "legal" place and that makes day trips tough.  But going street legal, I'm 30 minutes away from riding the XR which I love.  Plus, I already have my MC license.

Here is my list for plating a XR200R that you can use to help decide on using parts or a kit, most prices are Rocky Mountain:

• Headlight, Polisport Halo...........$65  H4 is best bulb, H6M is OK, no B20D
  • Light bulb H4 hi/lo 35/35.......... $13
  • Headlight Switch, Tusk...............$30
  • Tail/Brake LED, Acerbis.............$40 holds license plate
  • Front LED Turn, TUSK flush .....$25 or stalk style
  • Rear LED Turn, Sicass...............$37 or amber Tusk flush $25
  • LED Turn signal flasher............ $14
  • Brake light switch...................... $8
  • Horn........................................ $15
  • Reflector Tape.......................... $10
  • Reg/Rect, TrailTech................... $50 needed for turn signals and horn.
  • Capacitor..(or Li battery)...... ...   $15 needed for proper voltage control
  • Mirrors...................................... $40
  • Inspection...............................  $100
  • Title, Reg, Tabs........................ $100
  • Front DOT tire, Shinko................ $35 Cycle Gear
  • Rear DOT tire............................. $45 Cycle Gear
  • 3.5mm bullet connectors............. $10

• Like 2