RIDDLE me this? Anything good to ride in NoCal in the summer

northern Nevada is not hot and Summer riding in the Sierras is awesome,  one good thing about dust is no mud. Bikes and boots come home cleaner,  spread out fewer riders to avoid dust and enjoy the trails, ? they are all open.... including the SSS.

#1 watch for ElDorado650's summer High-Sierra rides.   There is summer gold up there

feboldpic086_zps483a7272.jpg

down lower, Foresthill has tall fern trails in summer.  they don't have ferns in donkey ville 

FHjune08-006_zps5710b680.jpg

and when its 107F in Sacramento, time for the legendary Elkins Flat Swimming hole ride!  ride 40 miles of hot trails, then head out to the swimming hole

feboldpic0842_zps68a3a0ed.jpg

even Georgetown Rock creek still has water in july,  this year lots of water will be flowing. One tip - Ride early, beat the heat and the quads.

IMG_5058s_zps80adfd86.jpg

Oh yeah Bring your kayak too!

loonlakejuly026crop.jpg

kind of a water theme goin on.  Come on up North, enjoy the beautiful summer riding,  and fresh sierra snow melt water, before we piss in it and send what's left down south.   :cool:

Edited by bigbob
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, the Riddler. said:

Tom definitely passes, he was number 2 open expert in d37. 

Oh right on. I'll drag Godman out and then I'll just stay at the truck and pretend like I kept up with you two. 

20 minutes ago, the Riddler. said:

But the thing is, Tom isn't fast ??sorry Tom..

Godman, I'd love to ride with him

I still haven't been able to actually head out with him. We had plans to ride a while back but the weather put an end to it. He keeps up with all the d36 stuff and is a sponsored mountain bike racer in between all that so I don't think he gets to actually just ride around for fun very often.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tapeleg said:

I still haven't been able to actually head out with him. We had plans to ride a while back but the weather put an end to it. He keeps up with all the d36 stuff and is a sponsored mountain bike racer in between all that so I don't think he gets to actually just ride around for fun very often.

You can't name drop like that then ?

• Like 1