Swap rear spring 06 to 12 and suspension set up

Just got a 2012 and was seeing my sag. Guess the guy before me had a different spring put on it. At 100mm race sag I have 57mm static sag.

I have the stock spring from my 2006 which happens to be the correct spring rate to get me within specs.

Race tech site shows the same part number between these bikes. Think the receiver and caps on the shock are the same so I can swap them out? Any one have experience with this?

I'm an idiot. Was making a mistake in calculation. Might be nice to know if this swap will work though for someone else.

It should work. There both Showa shocks

• Like 1

www.diverse-mfg.com Lists all spring base part numbers for almost all bikes. You can cross reference to see if base numbers are the same, then just look for the correct spring rate. In your case yes, 2006 is interchangeable with 2006-2017 kx250f's as well as 2015-2017 kx450f's, along with other mfg bikes and years. I always look to find the part number for my bike and all other bikes/years with same number then use Race Tech's site to see which rate spring came on the different bikes from factory. Then go to ebay and look for a oem takeoff from any of those bikes that match what I need. Usually can find them pretty cheap.

• Like 1