What year is my kx 125

I'm trying to figure out what year my kx 125 is, the guy told me it's a 04 but I want to confirm before I order parts, I paid 600. The serial number is jkakxrl051a022144

20170428_205726.jpg

Green frame I'd say 02 or older post more pics. Or just look up engine numbers 

4 minutes ago, Blake Carlton said:

How do I look up the engine numbers? I'm thinking it's a 2001, the 10th number on the frame is a 1

20170428_195113.jpg

It's 99-02 they the same.  Use to race them back then . Graphics blew off in first few washes lol 

Edited by Motox367

2 minutes ago, Blake Carlton said:

Ok thank you. 

Welcome :thumbsup: Let the good times roll

6 hours ago, ItsJuniorJ said:

Is it not possible to rebuild your OEM crank?

You can.  But if thrust washer is chewed off one side or both then it's no good. I put alot of wiesco kits in. whatever customer wants. Haven't had bad one in few years have 2 125s here now with them and they rip. But I'd recommend spending alitte more and get hotrods for 125. Or if crank can be rebuilt go that way with oem parts 

Edited by Motox367

Well it had a rod knock, there a good bit of play up and down on the rod. I was hoping I could just order a complete bottom end with rod on the crank so I wouldn't have to fool with all that and it would be balanced and I could just swap mine out

On 4/29/2017 at 9:13 AM, Blake Carlton said:

Well it had a rod knock, there a good bit of play up and down on the rod. I was hoping I could just order a complete bottom end with rod on the crank so I wouldn't have to fool with all that and it would be balanced and I could just swap mine out

Just me but I trust a good mechanic to assemble and true a crank way more then I trust an aftermarket manufacturer pumping out thousands of cranks with who knows what for quality control, not to mention all the banging around that can happen in shipping from overseas.

I'd actually be curious if anyone has taken several cranks from hotrods or wiseco and tested them for trueness out of the box, I suspect there is a wide variance.