Sign in to follow this  

A question for Dr Mark

I'm not sure if you have been following the left arm surgeries for Ken Roczen or not. They did 10 or so already in the past 2 months using cadaver tendons and cartridge, to replace his badly injured ones.

My question is, when you have this type of injury, repairs and what have you, what is the prognosis for any type of normal use of that arm, never mind at the top level of athletics?

He really injured it severely and almost lost the arm. I would think his professional career is over and he would be blessed to regain limited use of the arm, if anything.

Your thoughts on the injury and prognosis (I know, without an exam).

I'm not sure if you have been following the left arm surgeries for Ken Roczen or not. They did 10 or so already in the past 2 months using cadaver tendons and cartridge, to replace his badly injured ones.
My question is, when you have this type of injury, repairs and what have you, what is the prognosis for any type of normal use of that arm, never mind at the top level of athletics?
He really injured it severely and almost lost the arm. I would think his professional career is over and he would be blessed to regain limited use of the arm, if anything.
Your thoughts on the injury and prognosis (I know, without an exam).

I really don't know exactly what was injured. If you know more specifics than I do, post the link

That's about all I know, maybe others can offer more info for you. It would seem to me that using cadaver tendons and cartilage says a lot about the trauma he took, degree of the injuries and I would suspect limited function at best, never mind returning to professional motorsports.