New 2017 250sx

Picking up a new 250sx Tuesday.

Any tips to lessen hit ?

Bringing it to a track same day , any break in advice?

Any general tips as well?

Thanks in advance, coming from a 350, little nervous.

If its anything like the xc and xcw the jetting will be rich in the first 1/4 throttle. Dont worry about just ride it. After a couple couple hours then start jetting. The float level on some bikes are to high and need to  be reset. 

Go over the bike yourself make sure everything is tight.

Check the air filter make sure its oiled and seated correctly. 

If you want to lessen the hit make sure the yellow power valve spring is in.

Break in you will get differing opinions. I just ride easy the first hour, no excessive high rpm. You want to very the engine speed while not putting an overly big load on it. Thats my opinion and it has worked for me over the last 5 new bikes.

• Like 1

Be nice to it for the first hour or two and then run the piss out of it! Change all your fluids after. 

Edited by theBIGnaud

I got the same bike. Ride it first but Im sure you will need to go leaner on the Pilot Jet and Main Jet. I went three jets leaner on the PJ and three leaner on the MJ. I also got the JD Jetting Kit and used the new Needle. But I also live at 7500 feet elevation. Check the air pressure in the forks before you ride it! Mine were set at 90 PSI when I got it. I recommend 144 PSI. Other than that the bike is KILLER its a great machine!