Galfer sintered pads, recommended!

I am back to Sumo and the stock pads were just not doing it with the 320 bbk.

I installed some galfer sintered pads and what an improvement it made, way more bite/grab!

next up is installing the galfer braided line I have sitting here, and maybe looking at rear galfer pads next.

• Like 2

On 29/4/2017 at 8:21 PM, MyKLX400 said:

I am back to Sumo and the stock pads were just not doing it with the 320 bbk.

I installed some galfer sintered pads and what an improvement it made, way more bite/grab!

next up is installing the galfer braided line I have sitting here, and maybe looking at rear galfer pads next.

installed compound?   i suppose a racing one because standard sinterized pads of whatever brand are not better than stock, they only cost less and last less (somethimes much less).

if you installed a racing compound, for serious riding or kart tracks you must put a fresh fluid.  standard used dot 4 cannot deal for a long time with the incresead heat generated by more bite, dot 5.1 or super dot 4 are recommended.       

Edited by 30x26

3 hours ago, 30x26 said:

installed compound?   i suppose a racing one because standard sinterized pads of whatever brand are not better than stock, they only cost less and last less (somethimes much less).

if you installed a racing compound, for serious riding or kart tracks you must put a fresh fluid.  standard used dot 4 cannot deal for a long time with the incresead heat generated by more bite, dot 5.1 or super dot 4 are recommended.       

Just the sintered HH pads, the ones listed here http://soloracer.com/drzsmbrkpads.html (Factory pads are original from 03 and may have been contaminated, or the moto master racing disc needed a better than stock pad)

Getting fresh Dot4 with the braided line this week. Not worried about heat as I am a smooth rider who is not hard on the brakes nor am I racing.

the page is not 100% correct. those  are not sintered pads, they are the discontinued semi-metallic HH rated 1651 compound.  nothing wrong with them ,  with new line and fresh fluid they are enough for your needs.  

1396 is the current sintered HH compound for dirt bikes 

FD164G1396 are what I use. Just replaced them last week after about 3,200 miles. I guess that's okay mileage with all the stoppies I do.

2 hours ago, 30x26 said:

the page is not 100% correct. those  are not sintered pads, they are the discontinued semi-metallic HH rated 1651 compound.  nothing wrong with them ,  with new line and fresh fluid they are enough for your needs.  

1396 is the current sintered HH compound for dirt bikes 

uh....they list the 1396's on that site, thats what I ordered (off ebay though).

For me it is a very noticeable upgrade, the original pads were no where near this grabby/responsive.

Anyone use DOT 5.1? It's compatible with our DOT 4 setup. I keep getting brake fade at the track. Some dudes there said it's not worth it though. More frequent bleeding required due to moisture absorption, and the increased boil temp doesn't help much.

I already got the steel braided line, so if not brake fluid the next upgrade would be master cylinder.

Anyone use DOT 5.1? It's compatible with our DOT 4 setup. I keep getting brake fade at the track. Some dudes there said it's not worth it though. More frequent bleeding required due to moisture absorption, and the increased boil temp doesn't help much.
I already got the steel braided line, so if not brake fluid the next upgrade would be master cylinder.

Use a high dollar dot 4 instead. If your riding hard at the track you'll get brake fad from the pads too. I normally let mine cool off as soon I get fad. If your not racing I wouldn't really worry about it.

+1

with stock caliper and HH+ pads  sometimes 5.1 is not enough for demanding kart tracks.  mobil rbf660 or similar products are preferable.