Mounting a Pro Circuit pipe to an 04 RM250. What am I doing wrong?

Ok, so I'm driving myself crazy here but I can't seem to mount the pipe properly. It seems like a pretty straightforward install but I'm obviously doing something wrong.

I'm using the stock muffler, but I haven't even gotten to that part yet. Pipe is (PS04250P2). I can get the rear mount to line up, but the front isn't close. The pipe seems to barely slide into the exhaust port as well.

The manual shows the front mount with rubber dampener hanging straight down. I've been looking around here for some pics but haven't found many that show in detail.

What the hell am I doing wrong here? Are there aftermarket mount kits I need?

I have a fmf gnarly and a pro circuit platinum for my 03 rm250. Neither one of them is hard to get on. Easiest way to install if you can't get it to line up. Unbolt the silencer and mounting bracket for pipe and silencer. Then put the wear ring in the exhaust port kind of twisted vertically so it doesnt fall out. Slide the silencer end of the pipe along the line where it goes and twist the pipe into place to where it will go into the exhaust port, lightly attach the mounting brackets, install silencer, tighten mounting brackets. If you use silicone on the wear ring, use a small amount.

That's the problem. I put it in the exhaust port and it looks/feels like it needs to slide in at least another 1/4". I lightly mounted the silencer (stock) and tried to slide the pipe into place but it doesn't go back far enough to mate up with the silencer. 

Then you definitely don't have it all the way into the exhaust port. Check all around the pipe to see what's keeping it from rotating into place, like the radiator hose.

Well after a few beers and searching the internet. I was able to get it mounted but the front fender is rubbing the pipe. I figured my janky mounting was the problem but there's no way to rotate the pipe down to clear the rear of the front fender. It's already butting up against the bottom of the right side radiator. 

Guess I'll give FMF a go....

Well after a few beers and searching the internet. I was able to get it mounted but the front fender is rubbing the pipe. I figured my janky mounting was the problem but there's no way to rotate the pipe down to clear the rear of the front fender. It's already butting up against the bottom of the right side radiator. 
Guess I'll give FMF a go....

Will probably just be wasting money, more then likely the fmf will do the same. Something is not straight and is bent. Is the front fender for that year or is it a newer fender that had to be drilled out.