06 sort of kx250f

OK bare with me. Kid blew up his bottom end on his 06 kx250f . In doing so took out the cases. I found new cases or used new to me. didn't realize until I was putting back together the cases were older 04-05 slight difference. So I used the bottom end from the 05 with the 06 crank and 06 cylinder and head. Got it running but will not idle long and cannot touch the throttle. I cleaned the carb oodles of times was thinking carb kit but wanted to ask here if I possibly over looked some key point mixing to engines to build one. I used the 06 piston aswell.  Need to get this thing figured out sooner than later    Should also add I used the flywheel from older bike with 06 stator. 2006 flywheel was torn up when cases broke and it actually looks like an 04 flywheel so the bottom end was most likely 04 as well

Edited by Ramhed

No one has any ideas. No gurus for engine parts interchangability

Well, let's start with what we know. The cylinder and piston between 05 an 06 are the same, I've done it.

Now for the bottom end stuff, let's just put on the table what I have seen from working on various power sports and years.

It is common for there to be minor tweaks year to year. In this case I was to draw specific attention to spark timing. It is usual for timing related components to be modified year2year. This is done by changing the angular location of flywheel key, magnet gaps, stator mounting holes, trigger sensor, etc

So ..... he is what I am thinking. I am first going to assume that your valve clearances have been checked and are within specs. Next also assume that the cam timing is set properly and ensured that the cam gear(s) are not slipped/spun on the camshaft.

Therefore, I am going to suggest that you have a spark timing problem that is rooted in a mix-mash of the said components that are typically tweaked. (Cam, stator, flywheel, ...). Electrical.

Imho. Problem is not in carb or piston or top end stuff.

Ps: another possible It may even be throttle position sensor if missed or not reconnected properly.

That is possible I'm still leaning towards the rotor. If the marks on the 04 rotor are different from the 06 my timing is off