Installing Cycra Pro Bend on my XR650L - Questions

I am installing a new set of the Cycra Pro bends on my 2006 XR650L, on new 7/8" Handlebars Pro Taper SE bars.

I had a question for those of you who have done the same thing, I noticed I was not able to use the large spacer on the clutch side, the speedometer is in the way

I had to use the spacer on the brake side, or it wouldn't have cleared the master cylinder. Seems kinda odd to have a spacer on one side and not the other. The instructions are not very long or helpful

Did anyone else run into this problem?

Any pictures out there, of this same install

Thanks

Not sure if it's exactly the same, but here's how I did it. Had to use additional spacers from hardware store.20170429_194805.jpg20170429_194756.jpg20170429_194741.jpg

Mine were Zeta pro bends, but...

• Like 2

Yup, it's normal to require some tweaking and alteration.  Sometimes slightly re-bending the guards themselves is the best way.

• Like 2

I have the Cycra Pro Bend guards on my L. It has the CRM center mounts and I have the big spacer on both sides with no issues.

I went ahead and ordered a 1" bar riser, I believe this will take care of the issue

Thanks for the response from everyone

Just purchased threaded inserts for my hand guards from Highway dirt bikes, came with the 18MM tap and inserts. Great upgrade, they shouldn't come loose now

tap_insert.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dlee said:

Just purchased threaded inserts for my hand guards from Highway dirt bikes, came with the 18MM tap and inserts. Great upgrade, they shouldn't come loose now

tap_insert.jpg

That looks like a great solution.  Much better than the little expanding thingies that don't expand properly in the end of my bars.  Do you have a link to the exact place you ordered those from?