Help! New Exhaust and shes not happy!

Hello-

I own a 2006 CRF150F. I work on cars for a living and I am very new to bikes. Still learning but its been great so far! I am a trail rider, no MX racing.

I was gifted a Pro Circuit exhaust, model T4. I was told some riders have issues some don't. Well I am a rider with issues. First time out with the exhaust it seemed okay until I tried a hill. Once in the high RPM's it acted like there was no power. All the issues are at the high RPMs. I started changing main jets. I am currently at a 102 (started at 95) it has not gotten any better. At the top of any gear it just coughs and stutters, like its not getting enough fuel. I have also tried moving the needle but it didn't change anything.

Anyone ever used this exhaust before? Could there be something else wrong? I have gone from a great running bike to a turd...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Jessica

Pull the baffle out of the top of the airbox...

42 or 45 pilot jet

Needle from 03 model... Clip at 4th groove down from top...

120 main jet...

Should be good to go!!

• Like 1

If the baffle is left in the inlet on the airbox, I don't know what the jetting will be with the pro circuit.... But that will work very well with the baffle out..

Pro Circuit makes an excellent looking and performing pipe for the 230...

The only people who have problems with them would be the ones that haven't sorted out their jetting...

Thanks so much for the help. My bike has been bone stock up to this point. I will have to get parts ordered and see what happens!

Thanks again!

11 minutes ago, Wrenches67 said:

Thanks so much for the help. My bike has been bone stock up to this point. I will have to get parts ordered and see what happens!

Thanks again!

You are very welcome...

Pulling the intake baffle...

Adding a pro circuit exhaust...

Dialing in jetting....

Will make for a nice difference in your 230s pep ... Across the band...

It's an easy /cheap mod to add a procom CDI ignition ... 40 bucks...

It will add better throttle response and pull harder up from low to midrange..

Those mods all together will represent the biggest return for the least cash outlay and the least work...

You would be very happy if you did all that in conjunction...!!

Hey mixxer, not trying to be a keyboard-hole, but she (I'm guessing Jessica is a she) said she has an '06 CRF150F, not a 230. I'm guessing the jetting will be slightly different. Does the procom work for the 150F as well?

18 hours ago, mx4god said:

Hey mixxer, not trying to be a keyboard-hole, but she (I'm guessing Jessica is a she) said she has an '06 CRF150F, not a 230. I'm guessing the jetting will be slightly different. Does the procom work for the 150F as well?

I'm so sorry... You are right and I am wrong...

Sorry to you Jessica...

Every time I open this forum, I have my own crf230 on the brain... I rarely think of the fact that the forum is for 2 bikes, 150 and 230...

I'm sorry Jessica, all my info is only relevant for 230s....

I'm sure someone here knows the solution to your pro circuit pipe jetting riddle 

Pull the baffle out of the top of the airbox...
42 or 45 pilot jet
Needle from 03 model... Clip at 4th groove down from top...
120 main jet...
Should be good to go!!

Since it's a 150f, the proper main jet for an uncorked stocker would be a 110
  • Like 1

The CDI boxes are different for an 06 and newer 150f from any year 230f
  • Like 1

i have had this exhaust before. 120 main was much too rich for me. in my application with the pro circuit T4 and the airbox gutted with a twinair filter i was running a 110 main and a 42 pilot and it seemed to run perfectly

+1 Agreed
Perfect, that would be the proper jetting for an uncorked 150f at sea level and 70d outside air temps.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!

Put a 110 main in and haven't changed anything else and it runs perfect! I can really tell the difference!

• Like 2