Black aftermarket plastics and decals for 2017 500exc-f?

Not sure if anyone has a good lead on a place to get aftermarket plastics for the 2017 500 exc-f....  I love the bike, but really want a black color scheme also. Want to put aftermarket black plastics on it or failing that maybe a complete graphics/decal set that is mostly black... Since it's a new model not finding anything out there yet. Any suggestions? (and don't say black magic marker, that would take a LOOONNG time) :)

Edited by kayakingsteve

1 hour ago, madchild said:

You haven't looked very hard...

http://www.ktm-parts.com/26340-60001.html

For graphics, there's literally hundreds of companies that can do graphics, but I recommend Motocal and design your own.

Guess not! Dude, you rock! I'm definitely ordering that. :) I used to do computer graphics for a living, might have to whip something up... course me having a pretty bike with cool graphics is like putting a silk hat on a pig... not like I can ride the thing like it's meant to be, but will still look great!

says it's for the 250 though... does that fit the 500 too?

Edited by kayakingsteve

On 4/30/2017 at 1:57 AM, kayakingsteve said:

Guess not! Dude, you rock! I'm definitely ordering that. :) I used to do computer graphics for a living, might have to whip something up... course me having a pretty bike with cool graphics is like putting a silk hat on a pig... not like I can ride the thing like it's meant to be, but will still look great!

says it's for the 250 though... does that fit the 500 too?

Yes, the 250/250/450 Six Days/500 are all the same. The EXC-F rear fenders have tabs for screws to hold your light bracket etc. Other than that part you can use any plastic from a 16+ SX-F/XC-F too.  The only problem with black plastics is that there still isn't a black headlight mask, only white and KTM orange so far. 

14 hours ago, Link712 said:

Yes, the 250/250/450 Six Days/500 are all the same. The EXC-F rear fenders have tabs for screws to hold your light bracket etc. Other than that part you can use any plastic from a 16+ SX-F/XC-F too.  The only problem with black plastics is that there still isn't a black headlight mask, only white and KTM orange so far. 

I noticed that. I was gonna either get a decal set or buy a white one and paint it... Love black! Until they make something darker that's my favorite shade.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:57 PM, kayakingsteve said:

course me having a pretty bike with cool graphics is like putting a silk hat on a pig... not like I can ride the thing like it's meant to be, but will still look great!

Super Hunky used to say something to this effect, "If you can't go fast, you have to look good"!!!

1 hour ago, yzernie said:

Super Hunky used to say something to this effect, "If you can't go fast, you have to look good"!!!

LOL

On 5/3/2017 at 11:42 AM, yzernie said:

Sounds like my kinda guy! What happened to him?

Anyway, not finding any complete  plastics sets in black that include headlight and fork protectors etc... so figuring I'll try the decal route, since rattle can painting things just doesn't appeal to me right now.

On May 2, 2017 at 10:56 AM, kayakingsteve said:

I noticed that. I was gonna either get a decal set or buy a white one and paint it... Love black! Until they make something darker that's my favorite shade.

I'm a automotive painter at a body shop and we paint plastic bike parts all the time! No so much these style of bikes but still plastic parts nonetheless (even car bumpers) As long as it's sanded well the paint will stick. Sometimes you do need a plastic adhesion promoter for parts like this but not all the time and the parts can be wet sanded and buffed to a super smooth glass shine finish with no orange peal at all just get some quotes first and tell the shop you want them to wet sand hole the part smooth, I don't see it costing much Bing that it's a small part but just ask about for a reputable shop .Orange peal IS NOT a bad thing every car has an orange peal, you just wanna match the peal to how much the car already comes with. Honestly I don't even think you'd have a prob / notice a peal if you find a good painter that could lay out a good smoot paint job.