Fork bleeder fell inside shock

So got into a weird situation the other day when I was messing around with my bike.  My bike has the push button fork bleeders with the anodized aluminum caps on it that you push and it bleeds the air out, right?  One of the anodized caps got knocked off and I tried to put it back on but ended up knocking this little piece of the fork bleeder that looked like a schrader valve into the fork bleeder hole.  How the hell do you get this thing out?  Do you take the fork cap off to remove the compression piece so I can pull the piece out, or will there be more to it?

step 1:  dissassemble entire fork.  

Step2: find tiny metal bit.

Actually, it's probably still in the bleeder, but if it's not you should remove the cartridge.  There is a tiny spring that will be with it as well.

You might be able to pull the fork cap and flush the fork tube out without removing the cartridge, but for a little extra work, you can be sure you aren't going to ruin your suspension...

Edited by bikedude987
  • Like 1

Those things are garbage.  Easy to break off and not necessary.  I think people just like having buttons on shit.

And yeah, like that guy said, you have to take the whole fork apart and look for anything that might have gotten in there.  It will tear things up.