Make a sleeve or buy all new?

So the kick start lever hangs out in this old yz, is it better to spend the $ on a new one? Or sleeve it and save $? On all my bikes I've never had this problem! It hangs out while I ride, it is pretty bothersome, and while I'm pinned in 5th, really can screw with my riding position while hanging out like it has done all day. I'm just asking because I've never kept a bike long enough to have this problem?!20170429_230448.jpg

Or do like Joey Mac does with his KTM chopper, keep the kick lever off and tucked down the shaft of your boot until you need it.:lol::p:goofy:

• Like 2

:thumbsup: It's pretty easy and straightforward, and the results should be very satisfying. :ride: :cheers:

• Like 1

I sleeved mine with a piece of brass pipe, drilled it out on a drill press. Had a hard time keeping the sleeve from turning in the top part, but it was much stiffer. Really helped starting that pos first gen 250f 

I sleeved mine with a piece of brass pipe, drilled it out on a drill press. Had a hard time keeping the sleeve from turning in the top part, but it was much stiffer. Really helped starting that pos first gen 250f 

It's starting to hang too, like once I kick it it doesn't come all the way back up....

i would make a sleeve. your better of spending 90$ instead of 340$ for a new cylinder.

7 minutes ago, zeke383 said:

Somebody didn't read the original post.....

sorry i am new to this, my bad just joined yesterday.

• Like 1

There's a spring that sits behind your kick start gear, which is behind the case cover.  Your spring has either broken or come dislodged from the notch where it rests.  Take the kicker off, remove the side case (probably have to remove the rear brake lever), and check it out.

There's a spring that sits behind your kick start gear, which is behind the case cover.  Your spring has either broken or come dislodged from the notch where it rests.  Take the kicker off, remove the side case (probably have to remove the rear brake lever), and check it out.

Already did, it's not broken and it's in it's notch!