Sign in to follow this  

best all around off road tire for 19 inch rim. "

I very much like the MotoZ Tractionator. A taller than normal sidewall for a 19" tire combined with tall broad knobs with good spacing between them makes for an excellent soft terrain tire. They also make them in a hard terrain version, but living in Florida I haven't tried that.

OP, what mix of terrain ?

Deep mud & sand and/or some pavement runs quickly changes requirements for 'all - around' conditions.

Best traction, best price, best longevity are often very opposite variables.

Personally I'd say a Maxxis Maxxcross IT

without being the best at anything specific, it adapts very well to just about to 'everything' at a decent price.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1

Kenda Washougal II.  Pretty incredible tire with the new dual compound rubber, and the tread pattern seems to work everywhere..  My son is very impressed with his, I've been running Kenda Parker DTs for a couple years and suggested he try the Washougal.  He's running it on a CRF450R.

Kenda tires are the best "secret" out there.

• Like 3

Of all the tires ive run over the years I like the mx52 for east coast woods. Great in roots and rocks and not bad at all in the slick stuff. Very reliable tire and it definitely hooks up well

• Like 1

I like the kenda parker dt and maxxis desert IT because they work ok everywhere and outlast pretty much any other similar tire, so I don't need to buy tires as often. Most all of the intermediate terrain mx tires work great but they don't last like the parker dt or desert it.

If was serious about racing I'd have a Michelin starcross 5 medium, Pirelli mxms, sti tech 2 or one of the other similar rear tires as they bite better than the parker dt I have but don't last as long.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mlatour said:

OP, what mix of terrain ?

Deep mud & sand and/or some pavement runs quickly changes requirements for 'all - around' conditions.

Best traction, best price, best longevity are often very opposite variables.

Personally I'd say a Maxxis Maxxcross IT

without being the best at anything specific, it adapts very well to just about to 'everything' at a decent price.

some rocky stuff, some mud. a bit of everything I suppose.