I &%$#@!ed up big time, I recently did a coolant change and so i ordered two coolants and two fork oils because i wanted to change the fork oil as well. so when the company shipped the fluids too me

they shipped them in two packages each package containing one coolant and one fork oil, i didnt realize this because theyre very similar containers and i ended up putting about maybe 1/4 or less fork oil in the rad. i called two service places and they both told me to flush the system which i have done like 20 times. just wondering if anyone on here has done something like this or has any sugestions

A couple of drops of oil in cooling system left over after a good flush won't hurt anything.

There is a  certain brand of forklift that I work on that had a bad batch of radiators with faulty trans oil coolers. The coolers leaked trans fluid into the cooling system. If caught early and dealt with before the coolant also worked its way into the trans it was just a bit messy, but not harmful. Most the effected machines still have a few blobs of trans oil floating around in the cooling system almost ten years after the initial problem. 

1 hour ago, HappyAndy said:

A couple of drops of oil in cooling system left over after a good flush won't hurt anything.

There is a  certain brand of forklift that I work on that had a bad batch of radiators with faulty trans oil coolers. The coolers leaked trans fluid into the cooling system. If caught early and dealt with before the coolant also worked its way into the trans it was just a bit messy, but not harmful. Most the effected machines still have a few blobs of trans oil floating around in the cooling system almost ten years after the initial problem. 

hey cool thx for the reply. I was just stressed out didnt want to &%$#@! my bike

Edited by Obi-Wan Cojone
Let the swear filter do it's job, it's a rule.

As long as you've flushed the system don't worry about it. Just keep an eye on the fluid in the radiator for a couple of rides, and if it looks like there's a bit of emulsified oil (it will look a little like chocolate milk) in the radiator when you open the cap, just flush it again.

The oil won't hurt anything, it will actually act as a surfactant (it will break the surface tension of the water to improve contact with the metal of the engine) and will help lube the water pump.

People actually used to put a few ounces of oil in the cooling system back before glycol coolant was invented, because the alcohols that were used then for coolants were very dry and caused seals to dry out and leak.

• Like 1

This spring I went to top off my coolant and some idiot had put red diesel in a coolant bottle. It was the orange type of coolant so it took a second before I realized I was putting fuel in my radiator. I should probably not have used that container for fuel I drained from a heater. Anyhow, I added coolant and, being heavier, it pushed the fuel to the top. I just added more until coolant flowed out the top (with some care taken to make sure of success) and ran it. No big deal. You have done more than enough. Don't lose sleep over it.

A few years back, a group of us went to Highland Park and rode for a few days.  One dad complained about kids leaving half-finished Gatorade bottle sitting around on porch railing (as they always do).  Kid said it wasn't his.  Later that day, the dad came back from riding and plopped down on porch, exhausted and hot.  He was too tired to get up and go to cooler, but able to reach half-drank bottle of red Gatorade that had been sitting in sun all day.  Took a big swig.  Well, it was actually Klotz 2-stroke oil!!!  Porch was quite slippery for a few days.

Edited by Still Bill

It is common to find motor oil in the cooling systems of large diesels when there is a failure of the oil cooler to seal.   The best rinse for it,  by brand is Calgon dishwasher detergent.  That was even in lots of the manuals.   Your rinsing has probably done an adequate job.  Lots of us lived though adding a little bit of oil to a cooling system.  Fleets don't like the idea since it gives away one of the ways to know if you are starting to have a failure,  but in trace quantities it is harmless as stated several times.  

If that's screwing up big time, you don't want to see what goes on around here lol. You'll be fine, if your coolant looks good and clean you're good. If not flush again. Don't lose any sleep about it

I think I would flush it with some Evans coolant...  and then just leave the Evans in there. It is already petrolium product.

If I had to run regular coolant and didn't want a trace of milky look (as if I was selling the bike).  I wonder how flushing with gasoline would work.