Jump to content

Well that was just painful!

Recommended Posts

I don't think I've seen a train wreck like that since Bradshaw lost the title way back when. I mean, there's coming off the rails and then there's Tomac taking it to a new level! I mean, he was casing jumps and everything. Not a good ending to the year for him.

Just sayin...had his bike had electric start this would be very different. How many people passed him while he was trying to get started again?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MrN2OBelvedere said:

I don't think I've seen a train wreck like that since Bradshaw lost the title way back when. I mean, there's coming off the rails and then there's Tomac taking it to a new level! I mean, he was casing jumps and everything. Not a good ending to the year for him.

Just sayin...had his bike had electric start this would be very different. How many people passed him while he was trying to get started again?

Tomac choked this hard in 2012 against Roczen on 250's.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Tomac choked this hard in 2012 against Roczen on 250's.  

Musquin choked hard in the 2015 outdoors at Indiana....oh wait!  Nevermind, it was his KTM that sounded like a choking dog!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MrN2OBelvedere said:

I don't think I've seen a train wreck like that since Bradshaw lost the title way back when. I mean, there's coming off the rails and then there's Tomac taking it to a new level! I mean, he was casing jumps and everything. Not a good ending to the year for him.

Just sayin...had his bike had electric start this would be very different. How many people passed him while he was trying to get started again?

think it was around 16th.

Tomac last night was more like a airplane hitting a train

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Excitable said:

think it was around 16th.

Tomac last night was more like a airplane hitting a train

More like 2 planes hitting the twin towers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

choked?

Im not sure it was...let me check with my one and only brain cell.

1st he was fast enough to move into first early

2nd, the "lost front end thing" go back and look close at that moment. There was a sharp bump just before the banked turn. That bump in that position (leaned over, front loaded) lifts front tire from ground just enough to unload front at the worst possible moment just before apex. Yes he went down , yes its his fault, but hardly a choke.

3rd, the "get going too slow thing" we have a banked turn on local track full of ruts very similar. I have droped it in that turn. Attempting to kick start a bike I can barley touch ground on while trying to stand on a 40 degree slope full of trenches. I was at least 4-5 seconds just trying to find footing.

At this point Eli is faced with the cold hard fact that point wise in all likleyhood its over AND he knows he is having an off day.

Likley there was a mental by this point BUT was it ALL choke?  I doubt it

The start of the next race will be exciting, admit it you can hardly wait.....

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lowmass said:

choked?

Im not sure it was...let me check with my one and only brain cell.

1st he was fast enough to move into first early

2nd, the "lost front end thing" go back and look close at that moment. There was a sharp bump just before the banked turn. That bump in that position (leaned over, front loaded) lifts front tire from ground just enough to unload front at the worst possible moment just before apex. Yes he went down , yes its his fault, but hardly a choke.

3rd, the "get going too slow thing" we have a banked turn on local track full of ruts very similar. I have droped it in that turn. Attempting to kick start a bike I can barley touch ground on while trying to stand on a 40 degree slope full of trenches. I was at least 4-5 seconds just trying to find footing.

At this point Eli is faced with the cold hard fact that point wise in all likleyhood its over AND he knows he is having an off day.

Likley there was a mental by this point BUT was it ALL choke?  I doubt it

The start of the next race will be exciting, admit it you can hardly wait.....

 

He choked. I will loan you a few brain cells and you will come to the realization that he did.

And you making a comparison to Eli on that track is silly. You are an amateur, he's the top of the sport.

He lost his composure and focus i.e. He choked....call it what you want but it is what it is. A complete breakdown.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well ok I admit he likley choked at some level, what my brain cell was trying to say was that I doubt it was the all mighty full tilt choke that so many seem to want to believe.

Time will tell I suppose

 BTW r u sure bout the AM ?

Edited by lowmass
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, lowmass said:

Well ok I admit he likley choked at some level, what my brain cell was trying to say was that I doubt it was the all mighty full tilt choke that so many seem to want to believe.

Time will tell I suppose

 BTW r u sure bout the AM ?

Maybe you race pro class. I have lots of friends that race pro class. I race pro class but I don't race as a professional for my living at an elite level. 

So if you do, I apologize in advance for the assumption. These guys are on a whole different level of pro. If you race and qualify for AMA supercross or Motocross you certainly have my respect. 

I have a few friends that race and have won multiple CDN MX championships and they are sick fast. So props to you if you are at that level. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha I was just baiting. My days at that speed are past. 

I was trying to set up for a joke. While I may not be at that level in ride I probably have more skill ( experience)than most "pros" at picking myself up off the ground in odd places like steep banked rutted turns ;)

 

Edited by lowmass
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lowmass said:

choked?

Im not sure it was...let me check with my one and only brain cell.

1st he was fast enough to move into first early

2nd, the "lost front end thing" go back and look close at that moment. There was a sharp bump just before the banked turn. That bump in that position (leaned over, front loaded) lifts front tire from ground just enough to unload front at the worst possible moment just before apex. Yes he went down , yes its his fault, but hardly a choke.

3rd, the "get going too slow thing" we have a banked turn on local track full of ruts very similar. I have droped it in that turn. Attempting to kick start a bike I can barley touch ground on while trying to stand on a 40 degree slope full of trenches. I was at least 4-5 seconds just trying to find footing.

At this point Eli is faced with the cold hard fact that point wise in all likleyhood its over AND he knows he is having an off day.

Likley there was a mental by this point BUT was it ALL choke?  I doubt it

The start of the next race will be exciting, admit it you can hardly wait.....

 

Lowmass, for you one brain-cell genius' - which would be you, Eli's mother, his therapist, his girl friend etc, you have the ability/desire to break down "the choke" and look at the components, defend the choke, and finally, you attempt to move it out of the category of "a choke."

For the rest of us half brain-cell types (and less), we too will look at the components (we are after all TT forum rats), but when we reassemble the components and sequence of events, we will conclude that this was indeed "a choke."

The word "choke" does not have a precise definition. It's a coarse term. It's probably not what Eli's mother or girl friend would say to poor little Eli as they comfort him. Eli's dad, on the other hand, from what I know of him, probably uses the term.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Believe me I am like his dad. I find it much more fun to simply sling and forgo the breakdown part ha 

That said I have in my oldness I learned to go back after my initial reaction and at least attempt to break it down a bit more and ask myself how accurate was my first impression?

In little Elis defense, he just a boy, hell at that age I would have been rushed to the ER  trying to swallow that chuck of meat

 

Edited by lowmass
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Excitable said:

just watching the heat races i knew something was off.

with 2 races left Eli needs a miracle to win the title and Dungey just needs to finish ahead of him.

1 race left...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dungey just needs to finish ahead of him.


Dungey just needs to finish 4th or better to guarantee the championship. When was the last time he finished worse than 4th? It's been a few years I think.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine the pressure on the team to avoid a mechanical. Hes due

Remember that issue Eli had with his front brake earlyer this season? The other day was at a practice and my front break was intermitantly dragging. I would stop and check and it would be free. Back out and could feel the drag again. Very strange feel when scrubbing BTW. As if the front wheel was loose. anyway get back to pit and it was free again.

After full inspection I found one of the steel pins the caliper rides on had its treds torn out from a hit. It would move back and forth on the stripped threds so caliper going in and out of alignment.

Anyway its all still on the table and anything can happen

Edited by lowmass
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Dungey will do just that, or better.

As for SX-2018, I hope Dungey races. There is no reason that the calm collected diesel tortoise can't grab another. Who's going to stop him? Tomac, Marvin, Roczen, might all be faster hares, but the tortoise always wins!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not going to say Eli choked, as I have never done anything at that level and don't understand the pressure.  But, considering he's gotten about an 18th place start and still come back to WIN (damn), we know he's got that kind of speed.

Last weekend he was in around 15th place, and four or five laps later he'd only passed one or two guys.  So, the pressure definitely got to him, he had an odd bike issue (things out of alignment, it's happened to all of us), got the wind knocked out of him (based on how long it took him to get rolling), or something else.  He was not himself, for sure.

My guess is pressure, and probably got arm pump.  He didn't look himself all day, and had to battle just to not go into the semis.  But, I'm just sitting on the couch watching like the rest of us, so what the hell do I know?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2017 at 10:30 AM, Hendricus said:

Lowmass, for you one brain-cell genius' - which would be you, Eli's mother, his therapist, his girl friend etc, you have the ability/desire to break down "the choke" and look at the components, defend the choke, and finally, you attempt to move it out of the category of "a choke."

For the rest of us half brain-cell types (and less), we too will look at the components (we are after all TT forum rats), but when we reassemble the components and sequence of events, we will conclude that this was indeed "a choke."

The word "choke" does not have a precise definition. It's a coarse term. It's probably not what Eli's mother or girl friend would say to poor little Eli as they comfort him. Eli's dad, on the other hand, from what I know of him, probably uses the term.

I spent yesterday getting beat senseless in the woods on the worlds worst shock. My brain is still deeply bruised from having my spine jammed up into my skull,,,,,what the heck did you just say?

Edited by YHGEORGE
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, YHGEORGE said:

I spent yesterday getting beat senseless in the woods on the worlds worst shock. My brain is still deeply bruised from having my spine jammed up into my skull,,,,,what the heck did you just say?

Beat senseless and loving it! That's what I say. Keep riding brother, keep riding.

Politics, the wrangling, the rhetoric, the deception..., and solving all the "big" and "important" problems in the world goes nowhere. There's a reason for this, but I will save that exploration for another day.

It really is time to ride. A month from now So Cal will be toasty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×