KcheaTM

KTM_cheat.png.aa6257c3a58e234e178220af69284dd5.png

If you see a guy dressed like this in Sam Boyd stadium:

59060c04a2504_ScreenShot2017-04-30at11_03_13AM.png.80baa5115d8d6b622ddbc0c3a86c8ce6.png

You'll know what's about to go down.

• Like 2

I get it, it's funny, but those guys are paid to win championships.  All teams do it, some more discretely than others.  It's too bad when it comes to that, but I would do the same thing.  I realize from comments here that I'm completely in the minority in this.  I guess I have no morals.  It made sense for Hannah, it made sense for Webb and it made sense for Musquin.  These are just some of the cases we know about, but I'm sure there are plenty more.

Beyond that, Tomac did this to himself.  I don't believe those extra 3 points will mean anything.  Dungey would have had a 7 point lead going into Vegas and that's more than enough for a podium machine. 

• Like 5

When I was younger,  I didn't like it. Now that I'm older it doesn't bother me,  as I've learned that this is Big Business,  not just a Sport. Millions of dollars are at hand, and the Champions get the Lions share of it.

• Like 3

as crappy as it is its a tactic, you want your team to win the title and every point counts.

one bobble from Dunge next week could mean ET wins, if Ryan can keep the place he needs he wins the title.

although not likely ET could still pull it off.

I would love to see him win, but looks like this year stays with the champ.

• Like 3

A team is a team. If a teammate didn't help another....would they be a team? It was blatant, but there isn't any rules against it, just a tactic to give ktm that much of an advantage going into the last round.

• Like 1

I don't care how necessary or smart it might be. Should do away with teams all together. Who the hell wants to watch a race like that? Go look at any thread here, any Instagram or Facebook post from any company last night, the fans are PISSED. Very very few people liked that, or are ok with it. This isn't good for our sport.

I don't care who you are, you watch moto purely to see good hard racing from the best in the world. And when the best on any given night chokes up for his buddy, it's horseshit.
And KTM lying about it makes it even worse.
I wasn't ok with it when Webb did it, and I'm not ok with it now. If I wanted to watch rigged bs like this I'd watch boxing.

Bummer about Tomac. I was pulling for him hard. If it wasn't for the Kawi contract money, I'd bet on him not even showing to Vegas to start early prep for outdoors.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, chrisdutton said:

I don't care how necessary or smart it might be. Should do away with teams all together. Who the hell wants to watch a race like that? Go look at any thread here, any Instagram or Facebook post from any company last night, the fans are PISSED. Very very few people liked that, or are ok with it. This isn't good for our sport.

I don't care who you are, you watch moto purely to see good hard racing from the best in the world. And when the best on any given night chokes up for his buddy, it's horseshit.
And KTM lying about it makes it even worse.
I wasn't ok with it when Webb did it, and I'm not ok with it now. If I wanted to watch rigged bs like this I'd watch boxing.

Bummer about Tomac. I was pulling for him hard. If it wasn't for the Kawi contract money, I'd bet on him not even showing to Vegas to start early prep for outdoors.

so 2nd in points in a race that anything can happen and you think he would not show?   does not make sense, Dungey crashes, gets a flat, a mechanical and Eli was not there he does not even need to finish the race to win the title.

although unlikely, Eli still has a slim chance of winning, even if Eli ties it back up in the points he wins the title by sheer number of wins.

Edited by Excitable
  • Like 3

so 2nd in points in a race that anything can happen and you think he would not show?   does not make sense, Dungey crashes, gets a flat, a mechanical and Eli was not there h does not even need to finish the race to win the title.
although unlikely, Eli still has a slim chance of winning, even if Eli ties it back up in the points he wins the title by sheer number of wins.

A mentally prepped Eli, sure.

Not the post race interviewed Eli from last night. He looked worse than Mav after Goose died...
  • Like 5

Just now, chrisdutton said:

A mentally prepped Eli, sure.

Not the post race interviewed Eli from last night. He looked worse than Mav after Goose died...

definitely, you could see the disgust/defeat of knowing he likely tossed the championship away.

he did exactly what he should not have done, let the red plate get into his head, he should have said to himself " ok, i have the red, but not the title..its not over until they give me the #1 plate"

he beat himself, Dunge just needed to do what he always does, be as consistent as possible and get on the podium.

If this was JS7 instead of Tomac, I could hope for a crazed lunatic fan to rush the track and tackle Dungey off his bike.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

I get it, it's funny, but those guys are paid to win championships.  All teams do it, some more discretely than others.  It's too bad when it comes to that, but I would do the same thing.  I realize from comments here that I'm completely in the minority in this.  I guess I have no morals.  It made sense for Hannah, it made sense for Webb and it made sense for Musquin.  These are just some of the cases we know about, but I'm sure there are plenty more.

Beyond that, Tomac did this to himself.  I don't believe those extra 3 points will mean anything.  Dungey would have had a 7 point lead going into Vegas and that's more than enough for a podium machine. 

The "all teams do it" excuse doesn't make it right, and it doesn't make it ok either.  It just makes it an unfortunate thing that we end up getting rammed up our collective asses as fans of the sport.

Tomac controlled his own destiny though, and he mounted the neighbor's dog instead of keeping it on 2 wheels.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

The "all teams do it" excuse doesn't make it right, and it doesn't make it ok either.  It just makes it an unfortunate thing that we end up getting rammed up our collective asses as fans of the sport.

Tomac controlled his own destiny though, and he mounted the neighbor's dog instead of keeping it on 2 wheels.  

Personally, I think it's a silly rule.  Absolutely I get it if guys are taking out other guys or doing Chad Reed type manuevers, but having teammates "adjust" their own positions?.....I will never understand that and proof is near impossible anyway.  They could question, "why is Dungey's name at the bottom of the pit board?".  My answer would be, "with a 4 second lead it means a lot more to Musquin that he is 4 seconds up on Dungey than it does if he were 4 seconds up on Seeley.  With a 4 second lead who would you be more worried about".  Silly rule and near impossible trying to prove any wrong doing. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Personally, I think it's a silly rule.  Absolutely I get it if guys are taking out other guys or doing Chad Reed type manuevers, but having teammates "adjust" their own positions?.....I will never understand that and proof is near impossible anyway.  They could question, "why is Dungey's name at the bottom of the pit board?".  My answer would be, "with a 4 second lead it means a lot more to Musquin that he is 4 seconds up on Dungey than it does if he were 4 seconds up on Seeley.  With a 4 second lead who would you be more worried about".  Silly rule and near impossible trying to prove any wrong doing. 

Squid straight up said that he has zero doubt that Musquin pulled over.  Don't bother giving KTM hypothetical help making up fictitious reasons why Dungey's name was on Muskrat's pit board.  We all know what that meant.  Obvious team tactics are obvious.  

All sports have rules against this crap for reasons that shouldn't require any explanation.

• Like 2

Really who cares, team racing concepts have been around forever, this is one of the reasons you have a team, if team Kwai could have done it they would have. It isn't cheating, its tactics..  I could care less about the team tactics. if other teams dont like it they should get two really good riders and do the same. What sports have rules against this...thats stupid...ever watch auto racing? Anyway in the end 9 points or 6 Tomac made a mistake then became a head case for the rest of the race. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Squid straight up said that he has zero doubt that Musquin pulled over.  Don't bother giving KTM hypothetical help making up fictitious reasons why Dungey's name was on Muskrat's pit board.  We all know what that meant.  Obvious team tactics are obvious.  

All sports have rules against this crap for reasons that shouldn't require any explanation.

You're missing my point.  I didn't even see the race (was on a desert night ride), but I also have no doubt he pulled over.  Nobody in their right mind thinks a guy like Musquin gives up a 4 second lead on the last lap.  I'm not giving KTM any hypothetical help, just saying that officials trying to prove it is futile. KTM can say anything they want about that pit board, everybody knows the score of what really happened.  Nothing comes of this.  Tomac blew it all on his own, Musquin pulling over for Dungey will be a non factor by the end of the Vegas race.  

We just disagree with the rule book Red.  You like the rule, I don't.  It's okay, really. 

Just now, OUTERLIMITS said:

You're missing my point.  I didn't even see the race (was on a desert night ride), but I also have no doubt he pulled over.  Nobody in their right mind thinks a guy like Musquin gives up a 4 second lead on the last lap.  I'm not giving KTM any hypothetical help, just saying that officials trying to prove it is futile. KTM can say anything they want about that pit board, everybody knows the score of what really happened.  Nothing comes of this.  Tomac blew it all on his own, Musquin pulling over for Dungey will be a non factor by the end of the Vegas race.  

We just disagree with the rule book Red.  You like the rule, I don't.  It's okay, really. 

Regardless, you hit the most important part of the whole deal:  Tomac controlled his own destiny, and pissed down his own leg.  Marvin only added some of his own piss after the fact for good measure.  Tomac was soaked in urine either way.

• Like 6

I also think that since we know that the rule will NEVER be enforced, the AMA should stop lying to us and remove it from the books.

• Like 1

I would love to see the rule. Never heard of this, not saying it doesn't exist but I would like to see it. :)

I just looked through the rule book and while there are a couple places you "might" find these actions as a violation it is pretty broad and not specific at all. They would be hard pressed to deem helping a teammate a violation. Then even if they did penalize someone it would be the the rider, in this case Marvin, and would have no affect on dungey. I think if anything the rule saying you cant predetermine the outcome is more orintated to illegally fixing a race, like a criminal activity, not team tactics.

Edited by obgod3
  • Like 2

From the 2017 Supercross rule book.....this same rule was in place when Hannah "Let Brock bye". It was illegal then just as it is illegal now. Both Musquin and Dungey should be disqualified and KTM fined. Will this happen ? Not a chance in hell.... Glover won the 1977 championship instead of La Porte and Dungey will win this year. There's an old saying...."If you're going to cheat, cheat neat" but KTM didn't even do that. Tomac should be in the lead in spite of the choke ride that he put in but history will not show it that way. There is no such thing as decency and fairness nor is there consistency in the good old USA.  It it perfectly fine to cheat in order to win in sports. Tell that to the NFL over the Brady inflation and Pete Rose's DQ......as well as 3 home run hitters....and don't forget to teach this to your kids....and don't forget that "illegal" is a sick bird...

3. Abetting or knowingly engaging in any race in which the
result is "fixed" or prearranged.

Edited by Budlite

15 minutes ago, Budlite said:

From the 2017 Supercross rule book.....this same rule was in place when Hannah "Let Brock bye". It was illegal then just as it is illegal now. Both Musquin and Dungey should be disqualified and KTM fined. Will this happen ? Not a chance in hell.... Glover won the 1977 championship instead of La Porte and Dungey will win this year. There's an old saying...."If you're going to cheat, cheat neat" but KTM didn't even do that. Tomac should be in the lead in spite of the choke ride that he put in but history will not show it that way. There is no such thing as decency and fairness nor is there consistency in the good old USA.  It it perfectly fine to cheat in order to win in sports. Tell that to the NFL over the Brady inflation and Pete Rose's DQ......as well as 3 home run hitters....and don't forget to teach this to your kids....and don't forget that "illegal" is a sick bird...

3. Abetting or knowingly engaging in any race in which the
result is "fixed" or prearranged.

Lol, who gives A flying F! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Go drink a bud lite.....or 24.