Foresthill Loop 5 - Sat May 6

Looking for a ride buddy or two to take on all of trail 5 next Saturday.   Stage at Sugarpine at 8 am, head out 1 to 2 to start of 5, up lower 5, then the dog leg, across FH road to the trail 6 connector half circle leg, and over to china wall to the upper loop,  go as far as we can, maybe the upper loop will be passible too.  I do cheat though on the way back after the 6 connector trail comes back to Foresthill road, rather then go down the Dog leg, I take FH road without a plate for 2 mikes to get to a fire road that leads back down into the lower trail area, to a nice double wide trail leading down most of way to Sugarpine.  easy way home!

If that sounds good,  let me know.     If no takers by Friday, Then I am going to GT.

100_1072.jpg

feb old pic084.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bigbob said:

If that sounds good,  let me know.     If no takers by Friday, Then I am going to GT.

Just a FYI that the Fool's Gold is next weekend at GT. Would recommend avoiding that place. 

• Like 1

Was there yesterday. IMO, the trickiest part of 5 right now is the bed of pine needles hiding roots and deep pockets. After hitting one at speed and getting thrown, I tamed it back a bit. I would swear nobody's been ridding the CW area, hardly any tracks anywhere.

Edited by Mongo134
  • Like 2

That dog leg section of 5 is my favorite.  I'll never forget riding with that older gal that took a header on that narrow section just past the creek.  She climbed up that trail about 30 yards then went ass-over-tea-kettle down that cliff & landed on her head in the creek. :D

I simply sat in the creek & watched the whole thing! ?

Back then I was in such great shape, I just picked the bike up and walked back to where the creek crossed the trail. ?

That's my story & I'm sticking to it.

Edited by superslyko
  • Like 1

well I have scratched GN off the list. riding around gold note at a family fun enduro pace and being some old creepy master amongst families and kids. seems not a great thing to do

better to hang out with CERA the day before a big boy enduro

or ride 5 alone, that is ballsy , probably others will be out there

I could ride the lower leg only.

FH is in its prime right now

Edited by bigbob

I agree.  Do anything else than ride alone.  Especially if you ride a trail that is even intermediate.  Just hang with the CERA crew.  Show up early at the Fools Gold & just offer to help out. ?  They'll be so happy for the extra man-power!

Mr. Appendage has been rather lucky up to now.  It's only a matter of time until his luck runs out.  Just that errant bee needs to show up.

Or you could......................................... ??

Edited by superslyko

4 hours ago, superslyko said:

do anything else than ride alone.  or ............................... ??

What happened? :smashpc:    I leave NorCal riding in 2011, in 2 years the TT horse moves to SoCal.  no more NorCal rides, it's all SoCal here at TT.   Now 5 years later, I make a single post about god forsaken Barstow of all places,  and 10 guys show up! ?  and, we meet at dennys then ride wild shit. I cried uncle at mile 15 sure, but at least I had a ride group!   they call it donkey land.  didn't I invent donkey rides in Nevada in 2004? and that donkey waste land in Yerington in 2006 too?   And I rode the TE 510 the Wolf and now there is a TTer named the wolf.   Purgatory is not my term though

Up here I post about FH loop 5 the queen of the sierra and get nuthin.   :rant:   Don't even bother mentioning the rock lobster....  :(

Edited by bigbob

1 hour ago, bigbob said:

What happened? :smashpc:    I leave NorCal riding in 2011, in 2 years the TT horse moves to SoCal.  no more NorCal rides, it's all SoCal here at TT.   Now 5 years later, I make a single post about god forsaken Barstow of all places,  and 10 guys show up! ?  and, we meet at dennys then ride wild shit. I cried uncle at mile 15 sure, but at least I had a ride group!   they call it donkey land.  didn't I invent donkey rides in Nevada in 2004? and that donkey waste land in Yerington in 2006 too?   And I rode the TE 510 the Wolf and now there is a TTer named the wolf.   Purgatory is not my term though

Up here I post about FH loop 5 the queen of the sierra and get nuthin.   :rant:   Don't even bother mentioning the rock lobster....  :(

Barstow isn't donkeyland you knuckle head

1 hour ago, hockdog said:

We NorCal riders don't post our rides every weekend, a couple of texts and phone calls and a ride happens without advertising it.

This is the New Age.

Stoneyford or middle Creek or Indian valley

Edited by the Riddler.

25 minutes ago, the Riddler. said:

Barstow isn't donkeyland you knuckle head

Stoneyford or middle Creek or Indian valley

Woah up there young'n , I think you forgot a few like .....GT,  FH, Cow , CC  , Dville , some SP land and a few I am probably missing due to the short term memory loss they keep warning me about .   

Edited by still2smokin
  • Like 1

I was riding home at Downieville with NorCalRide.  We had spent the entire day up in the mountains having a wonderful time.  We were riding the road home exhausted.  I was releaved I didn't get lost again.

Then a WASP flew into NorCalRide's shirt.  Past his chest protector & down his collar.  It stung him so many times................ he ghost rode his bike off the rode & tore off all his clothes while doing the happy dance.  He never did see it, it flew away & excaped.

Sure it can happen anytime & anywhere.  But if he were allergic & alone,  he would have been dead.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, superslyko said:

I was riding home at Downieville with NorCalRide.  We had spent the entire day up in the mountains having a wonderful time.  We were riding the road home exhausted.  I was releaved I didn't get lost again.

Then a WASP flew into NorCalRide's shirt.  Past his chest protector & down his collar.  It stung him so many times................ he ghost rode his bike off the rode & tore off all his clothes while doing the happy dance.  He never did see it, it flew away & excaped.

Sure it can happen anytime & anywhere.  But if he were allergic & alone,  he would have been dead.

Yes - I have been life flighted because of a bee.  And yes - it sucked more than you can imagine.  And yes - I ride alone - a lot.  But, I take precautions.

I have been stung since, but I have my epi and other things.  It sucked - but I lived.  And will live through it again.

There are only a few that will ride with me on a semi-regular basis, so I do a lot of solo rides.  One thing about a solo ride - the pace is ALWAYS perfect.

I plan on riding this Saturday - Still2smokin, F50C boys?

• Like 1