08 kx450f vs newer models

I have a question for anyone who has owned different year kx450s. I picked up a pretty clean 08 for $1700, seems to run good as I only rode it once so far. It needed about $500 worth of stuff to get it up to par being fork seals the most expensive and biggest issue. So overall a good deal I think. I know fuel Injection is nice and all but I am seeing 2013-2015 close to and above $4,000. I know the frames are a littler narrower supposedly but my question is are the newer bike that's 4-5 years old really worth spending an extra $2,000 on? I plan on keeping this one for a while I think and am considering picking up a cheap 94-98 kx 250 for fun so I won't have the money to upgrade to a newer 450.

It's really depends of what's worth for you.

All that's matters is if the bike is in OK condition so you don't need to do more work then driving the bike.

But I know some people WANT to do more work on the bike then drive 

So....... there isn't a righ/twrong answer

Edited by skorpan777

It's really depends of what's worth for you.
All that's matters is if the bike is in OK condition so you don't need to do more work then driving the bike.
But I know some people WANT to do more work on the bike then drive 
So....... there isn't a righ/twrong answer

That makes sense. I've only had a chance to ride my new 450 only once but it had great power and rode good. It would be nice to have a newer model just because it newer but I bet I wouldn't really notice much difference since I don't race and just play The Weekend warrior.

I had a 06. Have a 15 now   Same power same fun. You spent way less than I did so your ahead of the game ?

On Sunday, May 07, 2017 at 6:01 AM, IraqvetUSMC said:

That makes sense. I've only had a chance to ride my new 450 only once but it had great power and rode good. It would be nice to have a newer model just because it newer but I bet I wouldn't really notice much difference since I don't race and just play The Weekend warrior.

Spend your money on suspension and oilchanges.

That's the most important specially  for beginners/amatures 

Edited by skorpan777