Want to get into motocross or hare scrambles... anything near Tampa/Sarasota, Florida?

I've always ridden street and done light trail riding on duallies, but have never actually learned anything about motocross. Any places to take classes or good motocross tracks to learn at near Tampa, Florida or Sarasota? I also have 10 acres to tear around on here but realize I know nothing about actual riding technique, have started making some trails.

I'm sure by now you've heard, but just incase; Croom is about  1 1/2hrs away, north. It's a huge trail system(2200 acres), no track per say, but a sand pit. mostly geared toward experienced riders(LOTs of sugar sand, 3' high woops). Bone valley ATV park is an hour north, and is some what beginner friendly. 1 direction trails, a small track. Then there's Florida tracks & Trails, about an hour south. They're geared mostly to mx riders, with 3 tracks, 1 of which is a pro track. They do have some trails, but the quads have turned them into crap. All travel time is based on me being in Sarasota. Good luck. Just practice on your 10 acres, then maybe try Bone Valley first.

I'm going to Tampa MX's school tonight, 6:30 - 9:30. Three hours of seat time for $25 no membership required. Google maps will get you there with "Tampa mx" search. The website is out of date but Facebook is good.

• Like 1

check out the Florida Trail riders organization. i'm a member and the season starts in September. PM me if you have any questions as i would love to help our series grow.

• Like 1