Comfortable seats?

What are some comfortable seats for the 250x? The stock seat is so stiff and my butt and upper legs just hurt so bad from it after just short rides. Maybe I'm too fat for the foam idk. At 230ish lbs it does just flatten out under me. 

I have a Durelle lowered gel/foam seat on mine,

can't say it's much more comfortable (soft)  than the stock foam

but it's wider so you get better support / don't feel the 'edges' dig into you as much.

3 minutes ago, mlatour said:

I have a Durelle lowered gel/foam seat on mine,

can't say it's much more comfortable (soft)  than the stock foam

but it's wider so you get better support / don't feel the 'edges' dig into you as much.

Thanks for your input. I wish you guys rode closer to me so I could sit and try these seats before purchasing. 

Thank you. Will it flatten out with my fat booty on it like the stock foam? 

It was pretty thick foam, so I don't think it would do that. My rear hurt after every ride on my old bike before I got the soft foam. After that it was like a pillow. I'll probably get another one for my X eventually.

43 minutes ago, KC824 said:

It was pretty thick foam, so I don't think it would do that. My rear hurt after every ride on my old bike before I got the soft foam. After that it was like a pillow. I'll probably get another one for my X eventually.

Awesome. That's good to know thank you. 

I have a Guts Seat on my '05 250X. Had it for about 7 years. Didn't notice any difference. It's just slightly wider than the original. I keep getting ass burn while on Enduros and was hoping it would help with weight distribution (185lbs, 6' 0"). Nope. I even covered the seat in aircraft leather, suede side up. Still no fix. I would just get a taller seat and break it in. Your other alternative is to stand up more frequently. Knees gripping the tank. head over the Triple Clamps in line with the forks or more forward, elbows bent. It takes the pressure off of your legs and your butt.

Hurting like monkey butt?
If so, you should try some padded shorts or pants under your gear like bicyclists wear. The key to that is no undies under the padded bicycle layer.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2017 at 11:10 AM, Hoosier-Daddy said:

Hurting like monkey butt?
If so, you should try some padded shorts or pants under your gear like bicyclists wear. The key to that is no undies under the padded bicycle layer.

Haha I like this post. Thank you for the advice on the padded shorts. 

Padded Shorts, no shorts (commando), baby powder, Desitine (Diaper Rash Goop), you name it, I tried it. My last hope is assless chaps with a Slip and Slide Seat Cover.

• Like 2

On 6/8/2017 at 6:05 AM, Undercover Poe said:

For my ass, it's doesn't get better than seat concepts. If it does I don't know about it. sC for both my red Honda's!

574425A5-217B-4F82-9081-237EA71FA37D_zpshoi7xrhx.jpg

Which version of their seats do you recommend?

Which version of their seats do you recommend?

I like the low one for the Crf250x that way I can kind of touch the ground.
  • Like 1

On 4/17/2018 at 8:06 PM, Undercover Poe said:

I like the low one for the Crf250x that way I can kind of touch the ground.

Alright, you've sold me on the seat concepts seat.  I'm going to get the Sport version.  My next decision is which cover to choose.  It looks like you have the gripper top with carbon fiber sides, no? I'm trying to decide between that and the all carbon fiber.  Per their F.A.Q. page the all carbon fiber is the route to go for those that wear jeans when they ride, which I mostly do.  I just worry that this may be too slippery.  I sent the manufacturer an email asking how the carbon fiber compares to a stock seat and they replied that it is slightly slicker than stock. 

How do you like your seat cover?  Do you typically wear riding pants or jeans? Do you find the extra grippy material (if that is what you have) irritating at all? 

Alright, you've sold me on the seat concepts seat.  I'm going to get the Sport version.  My next decision is which cover to choose.  It looks like you have the gripper top with carbon fiber sides, no? I'm trying to decide between that and the all carbon fiber.  Per their F.A.Q. page the all carbon fiber is the route to go for those that wear jeans when they ride, which I mostly do.  I just worry that this may be too slippery.  I sent the manufacturer an email asking how the carbon fiber compares to a stock seat and they replied that it is slightly slicker than stock. 
How do you like your seat cover?  Do you typically wear riding pants or jeans? Do you find the extra grippy material (if that is what you have) irritating at all? 

I like the gripper cover. No sliding around. I never wear jeans. Always mx pants when I’m on the X. I think any of their covers are going to treat you good my friend, the magic is in the foam and the slightly wider saddle from what I can tell. It’s hardly wider on the X but it is a little bit. It’s substantially wider on the xr which I love because I dual sport that bike and find myself sitting for extended periods of time.

I've found the best way is get a brand new husky 300 and put 2000 km on it and then ride the CRF250x again. it will feel like a cloud compared to a husky seat.

seat concepts make awesome seats. if your tall get the tall seat. really nice as there is a lot more cushion there. you should be standing as much as possible anyway though

• Like 1

I used to complain about my seat until I managed to get the suspension tuning correct - it doesn’t continuously kick me in the butt anymore!!

• Like 1