No spark any suggestions

Today while riding in single track the bike quit. No sputtering and no power hesitation. Just suddenly died.Tryed both electric start and kicking. Nothing... After more testing once I got the bike back home, I now know I have no spark at all. Replaced coil, and new spark plug. Still nothing. Tested continuity of the orange coil wire from the CDI to the coil and it's good. I have a feeling the CDI might be damaged. Possibly the stator might have failed and caused bad voltage to the
CDI. Any thoughts or Testing suggestions?

Check the grey connector behind the LH radiator, blow out with air, may have water in it.

• Like 2

When this happened to be, it was the ignition coil that had opened in the stator.  They can be ohmed from the gray connector Al speaks of.  The expected ohm readings are in the service manual. I think there are 3 coils in there, the other two in mine were fine.

Instaed of getting it rewound, I opted to just but the OEM replacement.  $$$ Cha-Ching $$$$

Edited by wielywilly-g

Hey guys thanks for the quick reply. I got it sorted out. Good tip on the gray connector but I was already aware of that. Learned that one the hard way on the trail a few years ago. The ignition coil was brand new. I figured the problem out was the main wire coming off my stator for the ignition signal had broke. Got it reconnected and bikes running excellent. Happy rider. :)

• Like 4