2008 CRF70F revs up, won't come back down

Hey guys, so our CRF70F, completely stock has an idle that isn't very smooth. When I give it some throttle, it will rev decently, but it won't come back down as quickly as it should. Makes it a hazard to ride actually.

So while it was idling I sprayed some contact cleaner around the carb. It revved up. I think I isolated the air leak to where the throttle screws onto the top of the carb. When I unscrewed it, there is no gasket in the cap. Should there be?

Tom

19 minutes ago, Gunn317 said:

So while it was idling I sprayed some contact cleaner around the carb. It revved up. I think I isolated the air leak to where the throttle screws onto the top of the carb. When I unscrewed it, there is no gasket in the cap. Should there be?

Tom

Yes, it is Part #1 shown in the microfiche diagram below. It is part of a gasket set, and not sold separately.

carb gasket set

Thanks guys, I figured there should be, but good to confirm. Hopefully that's the problem here and a simple gasket will have it running great again!

Was this your issue? I noticed when my 70 does this its because the bike is too lean from clogged pilot jet. Its as if it wants to stay higher in the fuel circuit because the low end is to not giving enough fuel.

Also the fuel mixture screw could be out. Remember to adjust idle and mixture screw together.

Make sure you have newer good gas not some stuff from months ago and choke is off cause you never know.

I have the gasket but haven't installed yet. I'll report back when I do.

I did clean the carb twice, assuming that was the problem but no change. And I was delight the 2nd time.

I see a lot of posts about adjusting the fuel mixture screw, but there is no adjustable screw on the 2007 CRF70F carb...