Craziest stuff found in exhaust

Hey guys had some thing happen a thought i should share. My bike was not starting and i knew something was wrong so i pulled the top off everything looked fine well i called a buddie who knows a lot more than my self cause i have never seen anything like this well same thing well we decided to pull the head and as we took the exhaust off we poured out around a cup of corn hulls went on down took the head off and it looked like burned corn meal on top of my piston so im guessing mice or some thing was storing food lol i rode it two days ago and it was fine then that happen but learned to always keep a plug in and be sure that the bag of corn is put away. Bike is fine btw putting new gaskets on it and cleaning

• Like 5

Yeah, I have always made sure my bag of corn is put away............btw, i would check all other vehicles air cleaners  in the area.

Joe

• Like 2

Yep those mice are a pain! Replaced many air filters in my bike and quads due to them tearing it apart to make bedding. How they slide thru those tiny holes is beyond me!!!!

I changed the oil the other day on my wife's car.  On top of the intake manifold under that plastic cover that covers the engine was a pile of seed hulls.  That car is driven every day.  Mice are a real PITA.

• Like 2

You are not kidding. ive had them in air boxes befor but never exhaust and head it was a new one on me

Had a rat climb in the back window of my s10 chasing a hamburger back in the day.

First day noticed little pieces of colored plastic on the floor mats under the dash. Second day, fuel and temp gauge didn't work. Third day tach and speedo quit. Fourth day left speakers quit.

Heard a noise in my glove box when I parked on the fourth day. Slowly, cautiously opened glove box at which point a giant fkn rat tries to jump out at me. I slammed it to shut it, and pinned the rat. Squeezed it in there really hard for a minute, then pounded the snot out of it by repeatedly slamming the glovebox door.

I had lost it's desire to fight anymore, so I pulled it out by the tail and slammed it to the concrete where I stomped it for a bit until I felt a little better.

7 hours folded in awkward positions fixing wires under the dash and in the door.

• Like 3

Not in the exhaust but at my dads we run into mice related stuff all the time. On an old lincoln he bought we turned the fan on for the first time, we heard nasty crunchy sounds followed by the worst smelling air out of the vents, mice had crawled around and died inside the blower fan.car had sat for a while prior to purchase

17 hours ago, springer8828 said:

...be sure that the bag of corn is put away...

LOL.. Better check the still and the reflux column too.

Their skull is the largest part. Everything else folds up, down and around. Nothing is sacred or off limits to them.

• Like 1

A few years ago a buddy brought his 450 by to get it prepped for an indoor ride.  His bike had been in another guys pole barn all winter.  He brought it outside to fire it and when it started about 30 acorns came flying out of the exhaust.  Luckily no one was behind the bike, the flew out with enough force to dent my steel door.  

He doesn't keep his bike there anymore.

To bad there wasn't a way of knowing when they entered the silencer, and fire up the beast and blast that bastard out like a flaming sausage!

• Like 2

Had the same thing happen on my quad years back. My sparky was burned out on the exhaust and exhaust valve was open... they nested right on top of my piston. They also had a nest in the air box and had started to chew through the metal screen part of the K&N. I noticed the air box nest and cleaned that all out before I tried starting it. But when I went to start it and all the acorn shells and bullshit started making terrible noises and a few shot out the exhaust.. oh man so angry. Little bastards. I now stuff steel wool in my exhaust after every ride and keep the air box cover off of all my toys. They won't chew through the steel wool and they won't nest in an open air box. I've also littered my workshop with "fresh cab", Irish spring soap and more poison than one person should have access to. No problems since I started doing all of that. There is still evidence of some mice but they don't shit all over my stuff anymore and they def aren't making their way into my motors or air boxes now. 

Well, this isn't along the lines of mice and squirrels.....but still a weird find in the exhaust:

I was doing a full rebuild on a 2004 RM250 last March that I had picked up the previous December. While the engine was out I went through the odds and ends; carb rebuild, wheel bearings, linkage bearings, repacking the silencer, etc. When I pulled the silencer apart, a small piece of packing came out and the rest was stuffed down in the opposite end. I grabbed something from my miscellaneous metals draw that I could use as a hook and below is a link to the vid I took and picture preview of what I pulled out..... :jawdrop:

https://goo.gl/photos/vH5RxnAEyYWoXqJ47

preview.jpg

Edited by BOLT SPEEDMAN
  • Like 1

Well, this isn't along the lines of mice and squirrels.....but still a weird find in the exhaust:
I was doing a full rebuild on a 2004 RM250 last March that I had picked up the previous December. While the engine was out I went through the odds and ends; carb rebuild, wheel bearings, linkage bearings, repacking the silencer, etc. When I pulled the silencer apart, a small piece of packing came out and the rest was stuffed down in the opposite end. I grabbed something from my miscellaneous metals draw that I could use as a hook and below is a link to the vid I took and picture preview of what I pulled out..... :jawdrop:
 https://goo.gl/photos/vH5RxnAEyYWoXqJ47

preview.jpg.92506c3c751e0f6aebef8cd7ca22e6fa.jpg

this hard to believe

Lol, I've been hard up before but using hair as silencer packing is a whole new level:lol:

• Like 1